Wednesday and Thursday Recommendations

A Guy Called Matt

2 hours ago, sloseph said:

Frist stop on Wednesday is the Brothers bar

second is a wander up the park eventually making our way to the Glastonbury sign to look out over the site and appreciate the wonder of it all

then sit up by the park for a while smoking and drinking

stumble back down the park and fine the postcard stall, earn some brownie points by sending my wife a post card

after that it's just wander and see takes us

Oh yes! Always send a postcard to my folks on the Thursday! 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

At the risk of looking like a bit of an amateur though I've never been to Shangri La on either of the f irst 2 days as I was under the impression it didn't open until Friday? Is this not right? :huh:

It's carnage on the Thursday so we normally avoid it till theres more on to divert the crowds elsewhere!

Edited by Glastobuddy

9 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Oh yes! Always send a postcard to my folks on the Thursday! 

I was coaxed into sending my Mum one when drunk last year. I didn't remember everything I wrote, the hangover anxiety made me think it was something awful and the postcard took two weeks to turn up for some reason. I'm not doing that again.

One muddy year I sent someone one with some mud smeared on it. Bet Royal Mail loved that.

14 minutes ago, Untz said:

I was coaxed into sending my Mum one when drunk last year. I didn't remember everything I wrote, the hangover anxiety made me think it was something awful and the postcard took two weeks to turn up for some reason. I'm not doing that again.

One muddy year I sent someone one with some mud smeared on it. Bet Royal Mail loved that.

My folks are used to getting a card with a load of scrawled nonsense on it!! I always feel bad but only for about a minute :) 

One of my highlights every year is Baggy Mondays in the Stonebridge Bar in the Park on the Thursday. Top quality indie disco featuring a heavy mix of Stone Roses and the rest of the Madchester acts. Gets the festival off to a great start for me but recommend you get there early as it tends to get full. Mad for it.

1 minute ago, lucyginger said:

My folks are used to getting a card with a load of scrawled nonsense on it!! I always feel bad but only for about a minute :) 

my wife originally thought the postcard was from her 8 year old nephew when she first saw the handwriting and smudged dinosaur sticker

maybe I should send the postcard before my visit to the brothers bar

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

Regret??

I know what you are saying about the excited bit though, I was grinning like a Cheshire cat from getting in the car on the Tuesday night, till throwing up on the Thursday morning :-)

You would have to be a brave man to accept either of them.

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

Regret??

I know what you are saying about the excited bit though, I was grinning like a Cheshire cat from getting in the car on the Tuesday night, till throwing up on the Thursday morning :-)

You would have to be a brave man to accept either of them.

Well I decided to decline for fear of a mix up. These guys were from Liverpool and said that it was a popular combo for them known as Ck. Nice guy though, had been there a few hours and said he never wanted to leave! 

1 hour ago, sloseph said:

my wife originally thought the postcard was from her 8 year old nephew when she first saw the handwriting and smudged dinosaur sticker

maybe I should send the postcard before my visit to the brothers bar

haha! Brilliant! Nope you should definitely send it after visiting the brothers bar! 

9 hours ago, gerardfenton18 said:

Really i found that if you go full pelt on wednesday through to thursday is the way to go. That way you get a few hours kip on the Friday morning/Thursday night all set and refreshed (well as much as you can be in Glastonbury) for the start of the weekend.

I think its unreasonable to try and contain yourself on the Wednesday after waiting a full year, in my case 2 full years, to get back to the green fields of Glastonbury

Yeah who am I kidding, that's exactly the way it always happens.  I always tell myself I'll do something "wholesome" in the green fields on the Thursday but it never happens.

I like going up the hill in The Park on the Wednesday with a few cans and a joint and just taking it all in.

Also I always got a relatively early night on the Wednesday night so re cooperate from sleeping in the car on the Tuesday night!

Thursday was all about Drenge and Wolf Alice at Williams Green last year, unbelievable. Saw Wolf Alice in Southampton in September and it was such an anti climax! So flat in comparison. Hardly listened to them since.

On 15/02/2016 at 5:05 PM, DareToDibble said:

At the risk of looking like a bit of an amateur though I've never been to Shangri La on either of the f irst 2 days as I was under the impression it didn't open until Friday? Is this not right? :huh:

They have done a 'limited' opening on the Wednesday in recent years (we stumbled in after the fireworks in 2013, not sure if this has happened again since, but it always used to be fenced off through til Thursday afternoon before that) with nothing really going on but you can have a nose around, my experience of Thursday was not pleasant, but I'm a complete panic attack risk in heavy crowds and won't be doing that again.  Friends tell me that the best time to hit the naughty corner is after 2:30am, when many of those who flooded straight from the headliners have seen and done enough and only the hardiest party folk remain.

19 hours ago, rubenz said:

Well I decided to decline for fear of a mix up. These guys were from Liverpool and said that it was a popular combo for them known as Ck. Nice guy though, had been there a few hours and said he never wanted to leave! 

Generally Scousers are spot on. Bit difficult to understand once they get excited, but good fun none the less. 

On 15/02/2016 at 6:55 PM, eastynh said:

I am looking forward to the meet up on the Wednesday. I never got the opportunity to go to it last year and after boring everyone shitless on here for the last 2 years, it will be nice to show people I am not that bad.

On the Thursday I am hoping to pull some shapes to some old skool rave/ piano house tunes :-)

Where would I find the old skool rave on the Thursday, think that's where I'll end up. 

• 1 month later...

Wednesday is meeting up with friends, wandering around, having drinks and messing about. Thursday I spend all day into early evening nudin up in the Lost Horizons sauna area. 8 hours of nude yoga, sunbathing, massage, dancing, hula hooping, saunering and general merriment. Eventually I put my clothes back on and then go for a drink and wander and then end up in the Pilton Palais watching whatever late night movies they are showing. I love the Wednesday and Thursday at Glastonbury :)

Now I work Fri / Sat / Sun / Mon mornings, Wednesday is my Big Night Out. Brothers Bar and the Pennard Organic Vineyard will feature again, I'll try not to be quite so 'refreshed' at the Efests meet, then fireworks then wandering and drinking. Awesome day.

On 14/02/2016 at 11:43 AM, GlastoLuvvinJock said:

I spend a lot of Wednesday & Thursday hanging around Croissant Neuf, the Bimble inn or the bandstand. Have seen some amazing acts on those stages to get things started for the week. The last 2 years we have seen a brilliant Ska band called "the guns of Navarone" play in the rocket lounge on the Wednesday night, absolutely brilliant.

i know the Guns of Navarone there a bmth band and usally play along side Proghorn who we saw back stage last year lol ........soz my heads feels abit big ....theybare a great up beat band tho [ both of them ] ...just sent Andy a message to see if there playing ...

this year look out for the SPORADICS again good friends of mine and they should be playing somewhere around the outside circus bloody good punk band look em up old son