Tears for Fears?

wozwebs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would just love to see them. 'The Seeds of Love' album is one of my all time favourites.

I think they'd go down well. They have a raft of very well-known hits, and the depth of their back catalogue and sheer musicality would add up to a great set for casuals and die-hards alike. Could see them playing the park, or an afternoon slot on the pyramid.  And if Oleta Adams joins them for Woman in Chains and Badman's Song, all the better.

30 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Just announced for Camp Bestival as headliners, their first festival since Knebworth in 1990. Would love to see them at Glastonbury. West Holts?

Do you think TfF are like the acts that play West Holts, then? :blink:

It's not impossible they'd play I guess, especially as they're 'local'.

For those of you that come from the the north-ish in the direction of Frome (not if you've come off the A303/A36), do you still drive past Beckington Castle? (I used to when I came from that direction, but I think they might route the traffic differently now). That used to be TfF's studio.

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Do you think TfF are like the acts that play West Holts, then? :blink:

It's not impossible they'd play I guess, especially as they're 'local'.

For those of you that come from the the north-ish in the direction of Frome (not if you've come off the A303/A36), do you still drive past Beckington Castle? (I used to when I came from that direction, but I think they might route the traffic differently now). That used to be TfF's studio.

Only thought of West Holts as surely they would want a headline slot somewhere and Pyramid, Other and John Peel don't quite fit either. I'd argue Hot Chip aren't really a WH band but headlined.

20 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

Only thought of West Holts as surely they would want a headline slot somewhere and Pyramid, Other and John Peel don't quite fit either. I'd argue Hot Chip aren't really a WH band but headlined.

Hot Chip are certainly a WH band, tho I agree (from where i'm sat, anyway) it gets harder to know what is and isn't a west holts band.

What isn't, tho, are rock (in the widest sense) bands.

I think they would go down a treat on a Sunday afternoon on the Pyramid to be honest, somewhere before or after the legend slot. They have loads of familiar sing a long songs - Shout, Everybody wants to Rule the World, Sowing the Seeds of Love, Mad World, Head of Heels, Women in Chains to name a few and they would sound great there. I always thought they sounded superb when I say them live 'back in the day (late 80's and early 90's) - the main singer had an absolutely cracking voice then, hopefully hes still got it, Love to see them again. Bung in Oleta as a guest again and the world would be a happy place that afternoon

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The quotes around Camp Bestival are that it'll be their first festival since 1990 - which it won't be if they play Glasto, so I reckon it's unlikely (unfortunately, as I'd love a good singalong).

perhaps they left out the ".. to be announced" bit?

If it was an exclusive, or even if it was the first festival they'd be playing, they'd be likely to make that claim.

I've just looked at the TfF dates, and they have shows in the USA until 20th June, which looks a bit handy. Back to Bath for a bit of time with families and then down to the farm...?

a true story...

A guy I used to work with about 30 years ago was in a pub just outside Bath one day. In one corner was Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush. In another corner were Kurt and Roland of TfF.

The door opens, and a geezer come in, and stands by the door posing in a "look at me I'm famous" way. Tony Blackburn. :lol:

Edited by eFestivals

19 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I thought Bryan Ferry headlining WH was an odd choice at the time. 

And a shite choice tbh. 

The 'slighly older' ladies camped next to us were so excited for Ferry that year.

I saw them the following morning and asked if they'd a great time. To which one replied:

"Utter fucking rubbish. Waste of time"

40 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I thought Bryan Ferry headlining WH was an odd choice at the time. 

And a shite choice tbh. 

that wasn't a West Holts choice. That was Michael finding a slot for a band he'd booked that he had nowhere for them to play. That sort of thing happens, but not very often as far as I'm aware - the previous one to that i'm aware of was Orbital in 1999.