First Announcement Prediction

oneoftherest

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/30/2015, 11:11:02, thewayiam said:

Ah well at least we can bitch about the 1st headliner tomorrow night.

Based on not a terrible amount, I'll go for RHCP, ATDI, Blossoms, Stormzy, The Courteeners

I'll change the header to GNR as now I don't think it will be RHCP given it's Friday. Kind of tempted to change The Courteeners to Frank Turner as well.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Wait people actually think that the first official announcement about a reformed Guns n' Roses is going to be an announcement for Reading & Leeds?

:rolleyes: ok then. 

The first announcement of a reformed GnR is likely to include the announcement of shows for them - which could include R/L.

It's far from a ridiculous idea, even if it might not be what happens.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The first announcement of a reformed GnR is likely to include the announcement of shows for them - which could include R/L.

It's far from a ridiculous idea, even if it might not be what happens.

You seriously think that Axl Rose, the man who's known for notoriously holding grudges would allow R&L to be the first place to announce the reunion? When just 5 years ago he was shouting fuck you to the organisers from the stage & calling them 'con men' in the press.

When the announcement is made about the reunion I should imagine it will be some sort of press conference? Or at the very least come from the band themselves rather than a single festival. 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

22 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

You seriously think that Axl Rose, the man who's known for notoriously holding grudges would allow R&L to be the first place to announce the reunion? When just 5 years ago he was shouting fuck you to the organisers from the stage & calling them 'con men' in the press.

When the announcement is made about the reunion I should imagine it will be some sort of press conference? Or at the very least come from the band themselves rather than a single festival. 

It's all about the money. It always is.

And who says it would be an announcement of just R/L? If they're announced tomorrow, that might explain why R/L have changed the way they're announcing, to fit a schedule imposed by GnR.

I suspect they're not going to be announced tomorrow, but it's not impossible.

3 minutes ago, devilman said:

I'll just leave this here then for those hoping for GnR

Download and IoW 2017 No R/L

Then again, there are 'insider sources' like that offering contradicting views, so fuck knows what to believe.

All things considered I do think a 2017 world tour makes a little more sense than doing it next year because chances are they wouldn't have rehearsed with one another yet nor done all the legal stuff. The thing there with the 'two offers' isn't very conclusive though because they're still only offers (probably ones that wouldn't share) and also it throws out a bunch of festivals based on stuff like Hyde Park's curfew and the fallout from their last R+L show, so I'm not buying DL/IOW being concrete or anything.

Either way it's not gonna be them on Friday because I think at this point they would already be waiting for Coachella announcement in January if they've been holding out this long. Probably gonna be RHCP and R+L are just changing their tack with the announcement format, but if it's the ones that DanWilcox said then I think it'd be pretty interesting if it was the one that isn't Foals, Disclosure or RHCP announced so we could still wonder if that's true for a couple of months.

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I wouldn't expect anything less than a sub spot. If they aren't going to be touring for very long, I think it would be a massive coup for the festival. 

Why?? They're not that big at all, just cause it's Alex Turner and Miles Kane?

Majority of people who aren't fans of either, and probably even a significant portion of their fans, will look at the name and think "who?"