Oooh it's all new

Michaels denim shorts

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malware a go go at the minute, I'm afraid.

Mobile antivirus again and again , but also something called something like 360securityguard.net which also boots up the Google Play appstore.

Got so bad I've had to ditch my tablet and post this on my phone.

thanks ... I'll keep at it till it's tracked down.

(btw, what you describe there is what happened each time I've had this ad grab my screen).

I've got ads and am a gold member, not that it really bothers me :-) just wondering .

has the ad blocking been turned off to sort the 'virus' issue out ? 

Oh I sound so technical .... Not !! 

is this on the forums that you're seeing ads, or on the main part of the site?

If it's on the main part of the site, please look at the top-right of the page just below the header, and see whether it's saying you're logged in to the forums. I'm guessing it's showing you as not-logged-in?

I'm aware there's an issue with the login's 'sticking', and am trying to find a solution.

is this on the forums that you're seeing ads, or on the main part of the site?

If it's on the main part of the site, please look at the top-right of the page just below the header, and see whether it's saying you're logged in to the forums. I'm guessing it's showing you as not-logged-in?

I'm aware there's an issue with the login's 'sticking', and am trying to find a solution.

on the forum and the main site  Neil, maybe they were always there and I didn't notice them lol

im logged on as I'm posting and when I go to the home page it says logged on as FF ... Sign out Etc

booking.co. Adverts, top and bottom of page and in between a post

Edited by Funkyfairy!

I've just noticed it's not saying you're a gold member in your profile...?

aha good spot, it was there a few days ago. Got a renewal invoice two days ago to my email and a PayPal advise yesterday (without me actually logging onto pay as I think I have auto renewal ) and it doesn't run out until 18th I think... No worries when the PayPal payment is paid I'll be add free again 

and just having checked in the subscriptions data, your gold membership expired yesterday. (it was started exactly a year before, so that's correct).

Either the card details you gave are not longer good which stopped your subscription being renewed, or it's not auto-renewing following the changes, or it just so happened that your renewal got lost as it became due while I was upgrading - I'm not sure which it is, tho I hope it's the first or last of those. A couple of people did renew yesterday, so something of the auto-renewal does appear to be working.

and just having checked in the subscriptions data, your gold membership expired yesterday. (it was started exactly a year before, so that's correct).

Either the card details you gave are not longer good which stopped your subscription being renewed, or it's not auto-renewing following the changes, or it just so happened that your renewal got lost as it became due while I was upgrading - I'm not sure which it is, tho I hope it's the first or last of those. A couple of people did renew yesterday, so something of the auto-renewal does appear to be working.

on Tuesday I had a mail to say that renewal was due with the link to pay, but I was sure I was auto renewal  so left it and didn't manikin pay and then Wednesday a PayPal advice auto came through saying payment auto sent, starts 13 October 2012, next payment 14 October 2016, so maybe it will take a few days to catch up . I'll keep my eye out over the next few days 

Yours is showing as a 'pending' payment in Paypal. Paypal says...

===================
Payment type: eCheque
This eCheque payment will be credited to your PayPal balance once the funds have cleared from the sender's account. This usually takes 3-5 working days so please do not send any items until the funds have cleared.
======================

Yours is the only one like that, so I presume it's to do with your payment method?

Yours is showing as a 'pending' payment in Paypal. Paypal says...

===================
Payment type: eCheque
This eCheque payment will be credited to your PayPal balance once the funds have cleared from the sender's account. This usually takes 3-5 working days so please do not send any items until the funds have cleared.
======================

Yours is the only one like that, so I presume it's to do with your payment method?

thanks Neil. I reckon it's because I live in the Channel Islands and bank at an arm of a bank that's not part of the UK clearing, so it messes everything up  ! Well that's my guess, I'm pending so I'll clear and be back to Gold in a few days ( I feel a bit lost not being a member of the gold Gang ) 

A non-UK-clearing bank makes sense. Weirdly, in just trying to reconcile all of yesterday's transactions, I see I've had a PayPal email saying I've had a payment from you despite it having a status of 'pending'. A bigger worry is the couple of payments I've had that haven't worked for the gold membership ... which I need to try and properly track down.