2017 festival

kaosmark2

1 hour ago, CRW5252 said:

A band with Ben Howard in. Really like their stuff so far but can't see them playing at Reading. Not really the kind of act they tend to go for. 

Oh that makes sense why you put yeah it's going to be them. Don't think Ben Howard has even played R&L before so I don't see why he'd start with as secret set with one of his side projects as well

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone earlier mentioned that QOTSA said they were playing a secret set at a UK festival this year. Download and Glasto have been and gone and they weren't at either so if they did say that then that makes R&L look like the fest they're playing. 

Royal Blood or QOTSA would be the dream, both quality bands and perfect for the R&L crowd.

Just now, footix2 said:

Nothing But Thieves also possible for a secret set (though they did play last year)

Wouldn't have thought they'd be large enough. Playing 4th down at Community this weekend doesn't give me hope that they're gonna get a big slot next time they play

Hunna actually drew a huge crowd at Community yesterday (biggest crowd of the day before they closed the other stage) though it was pretty awful. Who moshes to the Hunna? I don't see the appeal but tbh they might actually get a half decent sized crowd.

Also Fickle Friends killed it again. Natti is such a good frontman for them she can really get the crowd into it even though I'm positive most of them had never heard of Fickle Friends before.

32 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Hunna actually drew a huge crowd at Community yesterday (biggest crowd of the day before they closed the other stage) though it was pretty awful. Who moshes to the Hunna? I don't see the appeal but tbh they might actually get a half decent sized crowd.

Also Fickle Friends killed it again. Natti is such a good frontman for them she can really get the crowd into it even though I'm positive most of them had never heard of Fickle Friends before.

Don't mind the hunna, wouldn't go out my way to see them but I don't have a deep-rooted hatred like a lot of people seem to. Crowd seemed very very young by the looks of it so may be the case that they draw a crowd of kids rather than a mixed bag. Think its a bit stupid that they're playing such a small tent, should be mid NME or something.

Fickle friends are definitely an act i'm excited to see, got some absolutely amazing tracks and will justt continue to grow in the future.

34 minutes ago, SemiSweet said:

How long do certain slots usually get? I've never been before. Wondering how long or how many songs the likes of Jimmy Eat World would get being 4th down on the Main Stage for instance?

They'll get about 45 minutes.

On 02/07/2017 at 10:29 AM, MIchael_scarn said:

Crowd seemed very very young by the looks of it so may be the case that they draw a crowd of kids rather than a mixed bag.

I just spotted on a gigs website that the tickets to their Brixton show went on sale at 7am. Looking further into it, apparently all their tours go on sale at 7am. Wonder if it's to avoid school time. :lol:

On 02/07/2017 at 9:48 AM, Mattymooz said:

Also Fickle Friends killed it again. Natti is such a good frontman for them she can really get the crowd into it

So good she became an honorary bloke?

19 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

They also included Royal Blood on the non-headliner list.....

As far as I can see they're only on the headline list. Same as Twenty One Pilots, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Imagine Dragons, Thirty Seconds to Mars and Bring Me the Horizon. Yikes.

Edited by dentalplan

Just now, dentalplan said:

As far as I can see they're only on the headline list. Same as Twenty One Pilots, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Imagine Dragons, Thirty Seconds to Mars and Bring Me the Horizon. Yikes.

Whoops they were? I remember there being someone on the non headline list that I expected to be on the other one. Oh well guess that serves me right for not checking :P And all of those would have to be coheadliners surely

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Whoops they were? I remember there being someone on the non headline list that I expected to be on the other one. Oh well guess that serves me right for not checking :P And all of those would have to be coheadliners surely

Think BMTH are big enough to headline personally they did 2 nights at the O2 last year, what list are you guys referring to?

19 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Nah no way Imagine Dragons and 30 Seconds would co-head, I'd expect them to headline the tent nowadays. No idea why they included them

45 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I went for The Killers, Paramore, QOTSA. No point asking for the likes of Arctic Monkeys who are gonna be booked no matter what, and no point asking for unrealistic stuff. Those three are prob a decent middle ground.

Idk I think there's more point in voting for the more unrealistic stuff as it shows there's an audience for it still if enough people went for it. They did include Depeche Mode and stuff on there for a reason. Tho I am probably overestimating how much they give a toss about this survey.

25 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Maybe but still, Thirty Seconds to Mars have no right headlining nowadays. Even Fall Out Boy managed to change and boost their fan base a bit after they returned.

7 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Think BMTH are big enough to headline personally they did 2 nights at the O2 last year, what list are you guys referring to?

So did Imagine Dragons. Bastille too I think. They still have work to do before they headline.