PEARL JAM TO HEADLINE 2016

guypjfreak

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, HoTWire said:

Just realised that more top 5s need to be added.

1 Indifference
2 Rearviewmirror
3 Oceans
4 Black (Unplugged)
5 Nothings As It Seems
Bonus Track* Hunger Strike

*There is always a bonus track

Sorry about the lack of Porches

i would put some top 5s BUT we may be here for a LONG LONG time ........one thing tho and this is a pop at the people that have called Pearl Jam to HEAVY to play glasto how the fuck is it that people think Bring me the Horizon are not in the Pearl Jam "heavy" catagory ????

its not a porch BUT

10163725.jpg

one of my favs

Edited by guypjfreak

17 hours ago, HoTWire said:

My favourite bit was when Eddie said

"this song,.. this uh, predates the band actually" before they launched into Crown Of Thorns and then I cried, manly tears.

I may have shed a tear at this point too. Epic. :ph34r:

21 hours ago, shorttooth said:

Do we have any concrete information that Pearl Jam are in fact touring outside of North America around June?

Not for the moment. Time will tell my friend ! There is still hope; I'm a 10C member, so I'm always in touch with the fanbase, I'll give news there if there are crucial ones, but for the moment nobody can say if PJ is (re?)planning a Euro tour for next summer ;) See you at the next PJ Europe tour !

23 minutes ago, Tremousse said:

Not for the moment. Time will tell my friend ! There is still hope; I'm a 10C member, so I'm always in touch with the fanbase, I'll give news there if there are crucial ones, but for the moment nobody can say if PJ is (re?)planning a Euro tour for next summer ;) See you at the next PJ Europe tour !

Cheers - still kicking myself for not going to MKB last time around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Boozy said:

I saw Pearl Jam at Leeds '06. I was so fucked I can hardly remember it. Still to this day pissed off. 

im like that about the libertines gig the other week old son ...snuck a liter of vodka in but had started on it before gig started ..by then i was well warmed up so was at the bar quick time and before i know it im home lol .......great time from wot i remember but cant remember the gig lol

did similiar [ vodka ] at Milton Keynes pearl jam gig BUT i do remember that ..i think being out doors helps when drinking ...

pritty sure we wont have PJ at glasto this year ......just means ill have to go again next year

Edited by guypjfreak

I was so drunk at Reading 06, that other than being in the crowd and Eddie wore a plain blue t shirt, i remember next to nothing about their performance, i propped myself up at a bar, ordered a lot of drinks, ran to the radio one stage, then mingled in the dance tent then lost myself in the Pearl Jam crowd, they did their cover of Baba O'Reilly and I love that song but don't remember it at all, luckily I addressed this error and saw Pearl Jam in London to make up for this about three years later! excellent band!

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:30 AM, guypjfreak said:

im like that about the libertines gig the other week old son ...snuck a liter of vodka in but had started on it before gig started ..by then i was well warmed up so was at the bar quick time and before i know it im home lol .......great time from wot i remember but cant remember the gig lol

did similiar [ vodka ] at Milton Keynes pearl jam gig BUT i do remember that ..i think being out doors helps when drinking ...

pritty sure we wont have PJ at glasto this year ......just means ill have to go again next year

Hello

PJ Harvey.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 27/01/2016 at 10:00 PM, HoTWire said:

So I've just been told I'm going to see them in Madison Square Gardens for my birthday this year... squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

So this happened and it was phenomenal.  UK Crowds are better though :D

Still... got this :

Potato quality shot here, but Better Man and another song straight after that is quite popular on this thread :)

https://youtu.be/AXDugpr3a0w?t=2h4m26s

Maybe next year for Glastonbury :)

2 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

Am I the only person adamant they wouldn't attract much of a crowd if they headlined?

Maybe not the only one.

But as has been pointed out many times on this thread:

• They play stadia when in the UK
  • They've headlined other major UK fests with no apparent lack of crowd.

I think their popularity is a lot higher than their media profile would suggest and that causes your confusion.  They wouldn't have Dolly-size crowds, but they'd easily be as popular as Arcade Fire for example. They are still very popular.

And of course, live, they are just incredible.

41 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I think their popularity is a lot higher than their media profile would suggest and that causes your confusion.  They wouldn't have Dolly-size crowds, but they'd easily be as popular as Arcade Fire for example. They are still very popular.

They stopped playing the press game in the late 90's/early 2000's and the press sort of do their best to ignore them.  Which doesn't stop them filling stadiums and selling out night after night of their US Arena tour.  Which shows you how much the press matter, even back then.

Last time I saw them at a festival was Reading and the crowd was bigger at the end than it was at the start, which tells you all you need to know about Pearl Jam live.