Why so many Scousers?

thered

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a scouser now living in West Yorkshire and I don't have a strong accent so unless you get me riled up it's unlikely you'd realise. I really hate the way this thread goes each year :(

Saying that there were loads of us (that I could recognise) in East 18/17 campervan fields.

Noticed a lot of Scouse accents this year. Maybe because they stand out more so, who knows. Saw a right bunch of wronguns in Genosys one morning. Just looked like they were up to trouble. Wouldn't be surprised if they were the ones nicking from the tents.

Really?

Really?

:lol:

Do me a massive favour, and fuck off. Genuinely can't believe that. Apologies to everyone else for swearing, but seriously? Are you having a laugh? Do some research and find that whilst we aren't exactly sparkling when it comes to crime, we are no where near as bad as certain places in the UK.

Whilst we're at it, i'm surprised the Welsh people didn't bring their pet sheep to have sex with, and people from Norwich weren't slightly at an advantage due to their multiple additional fingers.

Clueless, moron. 

When I started the thread I was merely making an observation, I wasn't being derogatory, I was genuinely surprised to hear so many people from Liverpool there.  

I don't think anyone is being negative about anything you've said mate tbh. I think it's the sheer audacity from a certain poster, who seems to want to use stereotypes, infact, nobody, prior to that, had said anything bad about Liverpudlians!

is that what happened to that overly anti-scouse guy? can't remember his name but every second post was something derogatory to scousers 

Formed a Band - I seem to remember having a fair old few discussions with him around Hillsborough which is something pretty dear to me having had friends die there.  I came to the conclusion he just liked the sound of his own voice really

Can we close this thread? Imagine if the 'diversity' thread had taken a turn like this? It would never be tolerated - so why are we allowing people to generalise in such an unhelpful way about a whole group of people here?

Agreed.  I like a joke as much as the next person but this just becomes a bit too personal every year when it is made out with we are the only bunch of people selling drugs or bunking the fence or robbing tents or acting ;dodgy'.  Pretty sad really!

Edited by Digi

Ive never been prouder to be from Liverpool as I was last weekend. Never met as many nice Scousers as I did. Im assuming there seemed to be so many because of the distinct accents.

Fuck off with the generalisations, yeah?

I think it's psychological, I noticed loads of West Country accents because I'm from there but have since moved away.

Noticed a lot of Scouse accents this year. Maybe because they stand out more so, who knows. Saw a right bunch of wronguns in Genosys one morning. Just looked like they were up to trouble. Wouldn't be surprised if they were the ones nicking from the tents.

I put it to you that you are Cesare Lombroso and I claim my £5.

See I thought there were far less scouse accents this year than last. The most populous was the home county RAAAAAAAAAA type for me.

This.  

As for the negative stereotypes, if you like to perpetuate them just do one.  I've always had a deep affinity for the scousers, I worked up there in the 90s and you couldn't find a more welcoming and friendly group of people, fantastic place to live and work.

As for the curlers thing, I think that's spread around the country.  My coach from Birmingham was filled with girls in curlers.

Worthy of a nice little ban, this.

Can we close this thread? Imagine if the 'diversity' thread had taken a turn like this? It would never be tolerated - so why are we allowing people to generalise in such an unhelpful way about a whole group of people here?

Well said. To come home home here and starting reading generalisations about Irish people for example would be dreadful. No other part of the UK is getting this kinda heat. We've met the great and the good from all parts of these islands this past week - let's not allow small mindedness and bigotry spoil the experience.

Edited by Wooderson

I noticed a few, big group of kids camping next to us had no problem with them they we're all well behaved very polite and even managed to keep their little spot tidy around them! I do see/hear just as many Welsh folk as I do Scousers and Scots!

It's rare I hear anyone from my neck of the woods, if I do they tend to be quite well spoken not all Artful Dodger like myself!