Sleaford Mods

Mouseboy11

The new album is out tomorrow.

Ordered a Vinyl copy. If it isn't here when I get home from work, I'll be calling everyone a twat in protest.

Great word. Not often heard but has such an impact...especially used with the good old fashioned V's

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i quite like them, good music for a quick blast.  i've bought a ticket to see them later in the year.

but i have difficulty drawing distinctions between their tunes let alone albums.  they have a sound alright.  'garage band drums and bass with shouting' is what it'll not be known as to any scenesters.  which is fine.

• 1 month later...

i was there, but i didn't stick it out until the end.  i've come to the conclusion that i can only handle them in small doses.

Exactly that. Saw them at Dismaland last week. Enjoyed it for about half an hour but then wandered off to see some other stuff. Don't think that I could handle a 1 1/2 hour set.

at Bestival, Slaves who were playing before them played to a rammed tent, but then it absolutely emptied out for these which surprised me. i guess a lot of people find them just as hard to watch as i did

i haven't seen Slaves live in the flesh, but on TV.  they are the most unintentionally funny looking band i've seen in a while.  

or maybe it is intentional and they are just a bit dry for me.  they share the same one-dimensional 'quality' as SM though.

i haven't seen Slaves live in the flesh, but on TV.  they are the most unintentionally funny looking band i've seen in a while.  

or maybe it is intentional and they are just a bit dry for me.  they share the same one-dimensional 'quality' as SM though.

i'd never listened to them before but decided to check them out due to having a gap in my schedule. their whole 'schtick' was pretty hilarious, yeah, but i really did enjoy them - was humming one of their songs for the rest of the weekend. interested to see if they can sustain the current hype surrounding them - definitely seem like a bit of a flash in the pan (much like SM)

at Bestival, Slaves who were playing before them played to a rammed tent, but then it absolutely emptied out for these which surprised me. i guess a lot of people find them just as hard to watch as i did

Probably to do with the Bestival demographic. At Glastonbury the crowd diminished a little but most of the people at Slaves probably went off to see George Ezra and were replaced by slightly older people (as in the average age of the crowd moved from 20 to 30) whereas Bestival might not be capable of that.

I can't believe you're not on board with Sleaford Mods man. Just don't take them seriously - it's great fun and that's the point of it. Fun for people who seek a little more than repeatedly shouting "LONDON UR DEAD" or whatever. :P

I can't believe you're not on board with Sleaford Mods man. Just don't take them seriously - it's great fun and that's the point of it. Fun for people who seek a little more than repeatedly shouting "LONDON UR DEAD" or whatever. :P

i can't see myself ever listening to their recorded stuff - it just doesn't really interest me, and it's all the fucking same. but the bit i saw of them live (that wasn't totally freaking me out) was pretty great actually, and if they ever play a festival and i have a gap in my schedule i'll definitely go to see them. disappointed i didn't go see them on the Saturday of Glastonbury actually as i'm pretty sure i had nothing else going on