Sleaford Mods

Mouseboy11

This thread confuses me; all I heard from people after was how bad it was. When he came out with Leftfield it kind of killed their set for a bit as well. I think they'll always be one of those acts that I don't get.

I don't think the Leftfield tune works. I was at Leftfield and it was the only low point of an otherwise excellent gig, but the Sleaford Mods gig in the John Peel was an absolute triumph for me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Set was a big surprise, they got a great reception. It was really touching at the end, the guy had obviously been doing his best to stay in character and be a sarcastic misanthropic prick for the whole set, but looked very humbled by the love they were getting. A highlight for me, which is saying something, seeing as I hadn't looked after myself at all and was a total wreck on Saturday.

I thought the same, not sure if he expected it or not but did look quite warm and fuzzy at the end...not that he'd ever admit it haha

Maybe it's just where I was standing, and I've not seen them before live, but I just thought... it didn't work live. I love some of the records and some of the lyrics, but all I could really hear was a guy shouting over a wall of bass. The crowd didn't really seem too into it either.

I think definitely where you were standing. I was front centre about 5 rows back and the sound was brilliant. I've seen them a couple of times in London and usually love to look around at people's faces as they try to comprehend what they are seeing/hearing - most of these people are dressed like Liam Gallagher and only turned up because it has "Mods" in the name!

But this one was different, there was a group of people behind me who knew almost all the words to everything and everyone around me seemed to get it. Brilliant stuff.

And the performance was brilliant. Raw and powerful. The anger that has been missing from music for far too long. 

Maybe it's just where I was standing, and I've not seen them before live, but I just thought... it didn't work live. I love some of the records and some of the lyrics, but all I could really hear was a guy shouting over a wall of bass. The crowd didn't really seem too into it either.

I looked back a couple of times during Jobseeker to see what it was like in all fairness. Were you stood outside the tent? The whole place was rocking.

I looked back a couple of times during Jobseeker to see what it was like in all fairness. Were you stood outside the tent? The whole place was rocking.

No I was inside the tent but a fair way back. Definitely picked up for Jobseeker I'll give you that.

I seem to be pretty much alone on this one, if I get the opportunity to see them again I will, and next time I'll stand a lot closer!

I just watched it on Iplayer, and that's the most confused I've ever been, what's that all about, does that rough looking one just hit play in a backing track on a laptop and bop about, and the other one shout over it?

They really must have been a, you had to be there, type of band, because it sounds and looks horrendous on Iplayer

I just watched it on Iplayer, and that's the most confused I've ever been, what's that all about, does that rough looking one just hit play in a backing track on a laptop and bop about, and the other one shout over it?

What's not to like?

I just don't find it remotely entertaining, as I say, the liver experience must be a hell of a lot better than it translates recorded, because a lot of you seemed to love it

It was pretty intense to be honest. That isn't picked up as much on the iplayer.

I found it far more captivating than I expected

I just don't find it remotely entertaining, as I say, the liver experience must be a hell of a lot better than it translates recorded, because a lot of you seemed to love it

It is more intense, but I like the honesty of it all. Would it be better if that guy was pretending to produce the music? It wouldn't go with their image really.

• 3 weeks later...