Lionel Ritchie

greenArmy12

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was 3/4 dead center & it was very spacious, I left for a shite mid set & it got denser & denser the further back you went

The toilets just up from the cider bus didn't have a soul around them, it was my favourite shite of the weekend

:D

Lionel was pretty forgetable, I didn't really like his band, they just weren't very good, or the mixing which was dreadful in places

Got caught in one of the scariest crushes I've ever been in entering the field bottom right after he'd started. My own fault for getting there late but having popped out the other side of it just about in tact by god it was worth it! Absolutely brilliant job he did. He seemed totally blown away by the crowd reaction and for someone who's probably had smoke blown up his arse for the best part of 30 years he seemed quite taken aback. Still got a cracking voice too :)

Would have been far better with an actual strings & brass section instead of synth, the drummer was all over the show with odd fills in places they didn't need to be, I've seen worse but I've definitely seen better.

Anyway We all came away thinking he needed a better band but hey ho. Glad you all enjoyed it, it was more the mixing that stuck out as being terrible for me

:D

that's not all over the show, it's playing across the rhythms in an interesting way. It's what interesting musicians do. I loved his fills.

yes, the mixing had some room for improvement. That poor harmonica player was inaudible

Meh, he was no mike portnoy, terry bozzio, carter Beauford, or Thomas Lang etc. The fills weren't exactly that bad, for me just misplaced at times & usually far too loud in the mix drowning everything else out. As was the various synth noises

I nearly didn't go to see him, for whatever reason I thought it would be a bit shit.

It's my highlight. The happiness I felt during Dancing on The Ceiling - looking around at every single person in that field sharing the happiness. Wonderful set

Christ, just seen some of it back on the coverage. Doesn't reflect well on us as a country or Glastonbury as a festival that people turn out in those sort of numbers for that shite. Why are there so many young people there? They should really hate that sort of thing, as was so succinctly put on this thread, its granny music and it was never cool.

Christ, just seen some of it back on the coverage. Doesn't reflect well on us as a country or Glastonbury as a festival that people turn out in those sort of numbers for that shite. Why are there so many young people there? They should really hate that sort of thing, as was so succinctly put on this thread, its granny music and it was never cool.

Bravo, Sir.

*sustained golf clap*

Duno if you've discussed it but the audio sync with the big screens was well off. Put a slight downer on an awesome set. We were way back up the hill so only had to screens to look at as flags blocked the stage view.

I'm not sure about this thread specifically, but it has been discussed recently that the speed of sound is lower than the speed of light. If you're up on the hill, short of some sort of VR headset there's not a lot they can do about the video sync, laws of physics and all that. Edited by stuartbert two hats

I don't even know where to start with this one.

Li-Rizzle doesn’t need to get his willie out to show the crowd a good time.

I think you're getting him mixed up with jermaine stewart there. I make no comment on why. Too much cherry wine?