Who's not going

bexj

I find it so hard to watch on TV when I'm not there due to how amazing everything just looks and knowing what I'm missing out on. I'm making myself feel better by knowing that the lineup for me personally is weaker this year, but who am I kidding, it's never about the music really!

I need to stay off these forums but I can't help it, totally addicted to torturing myself!

This is 2nd year in a row that I'm missing it and it's horrible. Couldn't afford it with Mrs Hew on maternity leave.

Went to Bearded Theory as a family. I worked a day at Wychwood and might be able to work at WOMAD. We're heading to Dorset for a week today and I'll not be watching the TV or accessing the internet.

Not going, due to birth of me and my wife's first baby last January.  This will be the first one ive missed since 2004 and will be kept very busy all weekend by the baby.  Not sure if i can watch any of the footage over the weekend as could be too painful!!!

I haven't been since 2011 after going each time from 1997 (technically was there last year but turned out my tickets were fake and didn't get in) But this is the one year I have not been bothered at all by the fact I am not going. The festival is bigger than it's ever been and with the cost thrown in I just don't think that it's worth it anymore especially with the line up as poor as it is this year.

Also like a previous person said, the crowd demographic has changed a lot since the BBC got on board. It used to be quite an Alternative scene but these days the type of person attending would not have been seen dead there during the 1990's. They were more likely to be seen on an 18-30's holiday in Benidorm getting smashed on cheap Alcopops.

Green Man and End of The Road look quality so i'll personally be looking to choose between one of those two.

I do hope that everyone who goes has an amazing time though.

I'm not going, having a year off and going to Green Man instead. Also have a free ticket to Festival No 6.

I'm off to Crete next week and all I can think about is Glastonbury so gonna have a Glasto party in ours friday night

and dance round my living room like an absolute bell end to Hot Chip!!

it has eased the pain that the lineup isn't the best, only Hot Chip and Jon Hopkins that I'm a bit gutted at missing. 

Agree about the lineup, only bands I'm gutted to be missing are Super Furries (who I saw in Brixton a few months back anyway) and Belle & Sebastian (who I've yet to see). Only other band who I'd wanted to see were the Foos and we all know what happened there.

Helps to know I'm not the only one feeling down about not being there this year though!

Not going this year as it's my youngest's 18th birthday this week. Worked at Bearded Theory instead, also working Leeds at end of August, so not totally festival free. Those are def at the opposite end of the festival spectrum!

Will watch on TV what I can, but not that interested in a lot of the headline acts that will get most of the airtime.

What I like about Glasto isn't really on TV.

fc

I'm not going - I haven't been since 2010 actually but I still love reading these forums.

I'm late 40s now and rather portly so fear Glasto is a bit beyond me these days.

Had a day at Field Day, two days at BST and festival No 6 to look forward to - I'm happy with my lot.

Another not going and haven't been since 2012. It's slowly been dying for me over the last few years which is probably just me getting old, i've been on and off since 1984. That said, if I was to get a free ticket and there was a gang going I would probably go.

In all honesty no one can say a bad word about the place to me. It's still a very special and magical place to be.

Safe journey to all that are travelling over the next few days. Hope it's a blast.

Phew,

Missing my first Glastonbury since 1984, I just snuck on here to check the weather thread, old habits and all that. Gutted really, but year by year I think it is losing a little of its soul, as the crowd it attracts seems to have fundamentally changed.

But saying that, there are still enough of the good folks there and I would do anything to go. Anyway, this week I'm going to see the Fat white family and The Who as compensation.

Not attending Glasto unfortunately but attending NASS fest in Somerset. Anyone been?

A few times! First time was approx 12 years ago when there wasn't even any live music.

I used to love it (saw Run DMC there once!)...  but last time i went I felt very old (think i was about 23 at the time).

I'm not going this year, as I became a dad for the third time just 6 weeks ago. Sad not to be there but I quickly forget about it when holding my new daughter!

Wishing all efesters going a wonderful 5 days (i expect most of you are on route) & hope the sun shines for you. hope to see you there next year!

ps why can't I stop reading the weather thread, I'm not even going?!!