Who's not going

bexj

Meeee! Decided last year was probably my last due to there seemingly being more nobs attending on a year by year basis so instead saved up and went tornado chasing for a couple of weeks after years of promising myself I would! It was awesome so decision well made :D

Am still going to Green Man (got a ticket for Christmas) and Latitude (won tickets) and 2000 Trees and Forgotten Fields (cheap) so not missing out entirely, but smaller and friendlier too. Smaller festivals are the way forward I think.

I'm not a regular poster on here but I'm not going. Ended up in hospital on Sunday last year (medical condition, not self inflicted) so decided to give my friends a break from me. They, however, decided not to go without me.

Was ok until I started coming on here again. Didn't try for resale but entered approximately 25 ticket competitions. Doing smaller fest this year but hoping I'll get lucky again for next years fest. Also kind of glad 2017 ain't a fallow year.

I'm anticipating a depressing weekend next weekend watching coverage with warm cans of cider and home made Glastonbury-esque food.

Might even get a bag of sawdust for my bathroom.

Edited by cammie81

Not going. It's my Mam's 60th birthday. I've had no problem missing her birthday in previous years, but a 60th is a 60th. Having a little party in the local boozer, and I've got the whole weekend off work so I'll be watching loads if it on tv. I'm a bit jealous, but this'll just whet my appetite for going again next year!

We'e having a notglastonbury weekender. The garden will be decorated with bunting and candles, we will do fancy dress and get the speakers out on the lawn. I live in the middle of nowhere so we can be as daft and noisy as we like. We wll drink warm cider and at times will form an orderly queue and wait for something. I might even camp

We'e having a notglastonbury weekender. The garden will be decorated with bunting and candles, we will do fancy dress and get the speakers out on the lawn. I live in the middle of nowhere so we can be as daft and noisy as we like. We wll drink warm cider and at times will form an orderly queue and wait for something. I might even camp

Sounds great!

You can't use a porcelain toilet though or that's just cheating!!

I tore my pec 6 years ago and couldn't go that year and the same has happened again this week.

Cant risk causing any further damage to it so its a week on the sofa with it on the TV.

Also too late for returns so its an expensive experience with it on the TV lol.

Not going. It's my Mam's 60th birthday. I've had no problem missing her birthday in previous years, but a 60th is a 60th. Having a little party in the local boozer, and I've got the whole weekend off work so I'll be watching loads if it on tv. I'm a bit jealous, but this'll just whet my appetite for going again next year!

should have tried to get her a ticket,,,what a brilliant 60th prezzie

I am going this year but wasn't there last year. I can't say that it didn't hurt but I watched loads on iplayer with a chilled glass of something in my hand, in a warm and dry house with running water. None of that helped ease the pain. Seeing many thousands of people having the time of their lives and remembering what it was like to be there the year before did.

Hope you all have a great weekend whatever your alternative plans are. I will be raising a glass to thank my lucky stars that I am fortunate enough (in health, wealth and all other variables) to be there this year. I will toast those of you who would love to be there but can't at the same time.

Not going this year for the first time since 2008 and it's killing me seeing all of the build up and excitement. Our group decided to take a year off due to many outside things (work, family issues, money, etc). Thankfully, we have a friends birthday party this upcoming weekend, meaning we should be able to avoid most of the TV coverage.

Going to Nos Alive in Lisbon in 2 weeks instead but struggling to get excited about any festival that isn't Glastonbury.

Not going! Couldn't get tickets ! we are going to have a mini Glastonbury in the garden, TV outside , sound system, I am going to make a pyramid stage , flags, etc.

going to Latitude instead this year, at least it's not far for me to travel !

Edited by sjp61

Not going! Couldn't get tickets ! we are going to have a mini Glastonbury in the garden, TV outside , sound system, I am going to make a pyramid stage , flags, etc.

going to Latitude instead this year, at least it's not far for me to travel !

Oh I'm intrigued, how will you make a pyramid stage?

I'm not going - have a two month old baby plus a two year old, and whilst we took the two year old for the last two years, we have drawn the line at taking both as it would be very hard going! Hoping to take them both next year or the year after though.

I absolutely HATE the build up when i'm not going though.

Think i'm just going to enjoy the luxury of watching it on a sofa though!