Are you fit and ready for whats to come ?

swede

I was fit and ready until I quit smoking four days ago. Thought it might help me clear my lungs and making carrying my kit in a total dream.

Turns out, after a 20-a-day habit for nine years, it actually makes you unbearably short of breath and restricted to walking ten minutes at a time before needing a rest.

Totally my fault of course, but yet another year I'm in appalling health for the festival!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In pretty good shape - staying dry this wqeek with no drinking or cigars, clocked over 50 miles last week running and upto 18k this week but I run alot anyway as I am obsessed with not getting a beer keg for a belly.  :(

I always come back with massive calf muscles though - I am taking my phone this year which has a pedometer on it so am looking forward to seeing just how many miles I clock up - reckon its at least 5 miles a day

As most of you know I did 'a Grohl' to my ankle last year - it's fixed with tons of metal but it still aches when the weather is cold or damp (I used to think my nan was joking when she said the damp made her joints ache - now I know exactly how she felt :( ). My balance is a bit out at well - still haven't quite remembered how to walk properly after four months of not being able to! Utterlty dreading any rain - not sure how I'll cope mentally with walking on mud again.

I'm 2.5 stone lighter than I was last year, though, so hopefully that'll help with the stamina a bit.

As most of you know I did 'a Grohl' to my ankle last year - it's fixed with tons of metal but it still aches when the weather is cold or damp

ask your doc about getting a steriod injection and manipulation in the joint.

I used to be able to do weather forecasts via my knee. That steriod injection sorted it out.

I'm in much worse shape than I would have been (had I gone) last year - normally a fairly regular cyclist but hadn't been out on the bike since October - went and did a quick 17 mile spin last night with no ill effects. I was planning on having a fairly dry weekend to allow myself time to pack and get ready more than anything. The discounted Blur tickets has put paid to that!

I personally am not in any kind of shape fore the festival. I never normally have any issues but this year my back is truly fucked and standing for prolonged periods is an absolute nightmare, as is sitting for prolonged periods. I am hoping the alcohol will numb the pain enough.

I went for the first time last year, 16st and not a jot of fitness about me.

Showed most people up with the trek to the campsite and handled the physical demands easily.

Got back, decided i wanted to get fit....now weighing 12.5st and ran a half marathon and countless other runs along the way.

Watch me struggle this year!!

I had a leg injury last year which meant I needed to keep stopping for rests (I took some of those plastic charity bags which allowed me to sit when ground was a bit muddy) . My advice to anyone who's going to struggle getting around is to take it easy, accept that you may have to miss out on a couple things and don't worry too much - I had a fab time regardless. 

Looking forward to this year being moderately fit with no injury.

I've been going to the gym three times a week since March. I don't need to lose weight at all fortunately but I was very unfit. Should be in better shape than I have been in previous years.

I've noticed little things like, during my commute from Euston to work, everyone is almost powerwalking but I always manage to easily outdo them after about two/three minutes and they fall away, which is a good sign I guess :D