Somerset (OK, Swedish really) Log Candles. For sale at this year's Festival. 1/3 off for eFesters

Sawdusty surfer

Hi, a while back I tested the water re the demand for log candles at Glastonbury. Seems there really is a demand. I'm going to be taking about 100 of them to the festival this year. They will be for sale at the bottom of the Croissant Neuf Field.

They are made from locally (Chard,Somerset) grown Larch, Spruce and Douglass Fir. Size wise the smallest are about 10" diameter by 17" high.They come with instructions (should you need them!) and an eco firelighter for east lighting. They will burn for two to four hours. I'll be selling that size for £12, but £8 to posters on here. There will also be some larger ones available.

They are a lovely focal point in your camp , at the Stone Circle or pretty much anywhere (NOT at the front of the crowd at a main stage!) It is just like a camp fire but much more contained and compact.You can toast marshmallows on them or even put a kettle or frying pan on top.

It will not damage the ground and leave a hole like a campfire. Holes from firepits are a hazard to the Worthy Farm herd of cows if not properly filled in afterwards.

If anyone is interested in the eFester's discount, this is how it works. You don't have to commit now, nor pay anything now. You can change your mind at any time. (Bloody hell, that sounds like the smallprint) If you think that you may like one, to get the eFester's discount just send me your eFest username by text to 07885139827.I will then try to reserve you one (should you want more than one, say so in the text)

When you come to buy one, just say you are an eFester and I'll be able to check texts and you'll get sorted out. This also means that if they are selling well I'll be able to text you at the festival to tell you to get your arse in to gear and buy one before they sell out.

Log%20Candle%2023.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love one for Tuesday night at the caravan but once the festival is in full swing we'll rarely be up there.

Will pop my head round for a chat if I think of it though. Love the look of them.

No problem if you want one for the Tuesday, I'll be on site full time from the Saturday before the festival starts. even if you don't buy one, drop around for a cuppa :)

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

Couple of questions, Sawdusty.

They look lovely, and I would love one, but I spend little time at camp. However, we do tend to sit around the camp for a few hours after the bands at Latitude, so I'd like to take one there. I'm assuming you just sell these at Glasto? So if that's the case I'd be buying one at Glastonbury at then keeping hold of it for Latitude. So I'm wondering if they go off? If they're not too massive to lug back home? And if this sounds like a very stupid idea?

Couple of questions, Sawdusty.

They look lovely, and I would love one, but I spend little time at camp. However, we do tend to sit around the camp for a few hours after the bands at Latitude, so I'd like to take one there. I'm assuming you just sell these at Glasto? So if that's the case I'd be buying one at Glastonbury at then keeping hold of it for Latitude. So I'm wondering if they go off? If they're not too massive to lug back home? And if this sounds like a very stupid idea?

Hi, yes will be selling them at Glastonbury at the bottom of the Croissant Neuf Field...No its not a stupid question...but no they don't go off...well, they probably would after a decade or two. Possibly dry out and crumble, but will be fine for several years. They are easy to carry and can be sat upon on route like a stool. Hope this helps, J

Thought so, I think you've said on here before. I don't suppose you're around this weekend are you? And if so would you have fire logs with you? :-D

Hi,yes I'll be there Fri till Sun...then won't be back again for two or three weeks as I'll be at the festival. If you want a fire log, let me know. Even if you don't want one and are passing, drop by and I'll rustle up a cuppa :) j

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

Texted a little while ago about wanting a couple of the larger ones. Possibly should have asked how large they are. We will be able to carry them across the site, won't we? ;)

I have this picture of myself and mr mandolin doing "to me, to you" through the market area! Not a bad picture, I have to addmit. :)

Hi,yes I'll be there Fri till Sun...then won't be back again for two or three weeks as I'll be at the festival. If you want a fire log, let me know. Even if you don't want one and are passing, drop by and I'll rustle up a cuppa :) j

Wonderful! Thank you! Could I have 1 fire log please? I'm in Bw sat lunch, so will either pop along in the afternoon or Sunday morning. A cuppa and a pilton natter can never be turned down!