Confirmed Secret Sets 2015 (read first page)

stuartbert two hats

Is there 3G/4G or too in the middle of nowhere? I understand only certain networks do text alerts so would need to be able to check Twitter somehow. Or have I got the wrong end of the stock somewhere

I'll answer your questions backwards :-)

Firstly, you've only partially got the wrong end of the stick. The main benefit to this being via Twitter is allowing SMS alerts without switching on battery draining notifications. Secondly, check the second post on this thread for the supported networks. Thirdly, mobile data coverage is generally OK at the festival these days, or at least it is if you're on an EE network (including Orange and T-Mobile, I think). I'm not sure about other networks.

So, really you've not really got the wrong end of the stick. The idea is to SMS, but if you can't, use 3g/4g, which you will probably be able to get.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll answer your questions backwards :-)

Firstly, you've only partially got the wrong end of the stick. The main benefit to this being via Twitter is allowing SMS alerts without switching on battery draining notifications. Secondly, check the second post on this thread for the supported networks. Thirdly, mobile data coverage is generally OK at the festival these days, or at least it is if you're on an EE network (including Orange and T-Mobile, I think). I'm not sure about other networks.

So, really you've not really got the wrong end of the stick. The idea is to SMS, but if you can't, use 3g/4g, which you will probably be able to get.

Great. Thanks for response. Infact....thanks for everything, u will be a hero!

The Burning Hell basically confirmed on 6 last night that they would be playing a secret set - but didnt say where. it'll be on the day they play though, as they said they were only at the fest for one day

Edit: they are playing Friday 11.30am at Williams Green, so presume it will be some afternoon slot somewhere..

Edited by Perks

Please post here if you get the holy trinity! (act/stage/time)

Sorry, I was a bit vague. They wouldnt say on the radio where and what time..I'll post if i get the full schbang

Ride won't be playing Park, the guy who said they were admitted he was guessing about that but still maintains he has good info they're playing somewhere. Don't see it myself, not really worth their effort.

They'd play second or third top on the Other if they had been booked 'properly'. Not sure why they would turn up and play the Crow's Nest or something when they're making money on the comeback trail at the moment.

Edited by Homer

Ride won't be playing Park, the guy who said they were admitted he was guessing about that but still maintains he has good info they're playing somewhere. Don't see it myself, not really worth their effort.

Exactly. There is absolutely no chance that RIDE are playing the Crows Nest. Its far too small. It goes against the rule that unannounced acts can only play on a stage that is able to cope with the expected crowds should word get out. They could do the Park at a push but there doesn't seem to be a time slot. They could have done the friday other opener but that seems tied to the Charlatans now?

Are Ride really as big as people are making out? I say this as someone that had genuinely never heard of them when they announced their reunion.

It could very easily just be me missing a seminal band while growing up.

I'm in the same boat as you. I thought they were just shit shoegaze band riding the coattails of nostalgia to reform and make some cash.

*See Maximo Park in 20 years time*

Are Ride really as big as people are making out? I say this as someone that had genuinely never heard of them when they announced their reunion.

It could very easily just be me missing a seminal band while growing up.

I had heard of them, because my brother was into them back in the day, but I was too young (I'm 36!), but virtually nobody I spoke to back then had heard of them. In fact, until about a year before Beady Eye split up, I hadn't heard them mentioned at all for about 20 years. Now all these uber-fans come out of the woodwork, who knew?

I'm not surprised you'd never heard of them, never really saw the appeal myself.