Tor View Look Out

hurdy

This is why the festival is so superb and keeps me returning , new and wonderful places , it just keeps on evolving and improving , every area with so much thought and time going into it , thanks Michael and Emily and all the creative types that put so much work and ideas in . 2 weeks :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird, because in the video they suggest this is the view from it:

torview.jpg

And that is clearly from a position up near Worthy View. I'm guessing the video is wrong.

I think that shot of the festival is unrelated to Tor View Lookout. It's the structure that ME is climbing and being interviewed from. In the interview you can see a shot from it back towards the Pyramid down through the markets near to the cider bus.

Weird, because in the video they suggest this is the view from it:

torview.jpg

And that is clearly from a position up near Worthy View. I'm guessing the video is wrong.

No that's the veiw from Glebeland looking WNW to the interstage compound, between Pyramid (right) and Other Stage (left) with John Peel in background and the Worthy farm complex to your right. I think that's Goose Hall just visible bottom right. The Tor would be further left. Edited by 5co77ie

At 1.35 it has ME on the platform with the Pyramid in the background

Yes and based on that people on here have been speculating as to its position. But such a camera shot would not make such speculative answers definitive. Also the view shot as they talk over the clip about the view from the platform confuses the viewer as they use footage from another point on the site but the viewer is easily led to believe that the shot is the view from the platform hence the confusion above

Yes and based on that people on here have been speculating as to its position. But such a camera shot would not make such speculative answers definitive. Also the view shot as they talk over the clip about the view from the platform confuses the viewer as they use footage from another point on the site but the viewer is easily led to believe that the shot is the view from the platform hence the confusion above

no that's footage from that location, it IS the view from the platform - see my earlier post - Pyramid to right Other to left, farm to far right, goose hall bottom right, else park and the ribbon tower would be in view

Edited by 5co77ie

no that's footage from that location, it IS the view from the platform - see my earlier post - Pyramid to right Other to left, farm to far right, goose hall bottom right, else park and the ribbon tower would be in view

Doesn't look right to me. The view in the video looks like this:

torview.png

I think the white tent on the right is this one:

torview.png

The only place you can get a view like that is from Worthy View (EDIT: or perhaps flagtopia actually - the tree in the foreground on the video looks like the one at the top of Pennards):

torview.png

Edited by Cheesey

But such a camera shot would not make such speculative answers definitive.

Actually yes it does - the pyramid is not symmetrical so it makes it 100% definitive - the path layout below even more so

I reckon it's right by the hedge just after Ped Gate C in what I think is Glebeland, roughly where there is usually a little acoustic stage and cafe, across the road from Mutoid Waste or, if you go back that far, where all the inflatables were

Wasn't it blazing saddles on the left at some point too?

Either way. It's a rather disappointing viewing tower.

Shall I post the video again? Clearly zero people read the whole thread these days.... grump.

Edited by frostypaw