Burt Bacharach

elias

No Magic Moments on the setlist!

I always like how borderline insane the lyrics actually make him sound. That they all started roaring with laughter at the 'magic moment' that was the floor of the car falling out from underneath them (while they were presumably in transit) when he put the clutch down.

One of the greatest lines in any song ever written! It's up there with "Writing frightening verse, To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg" in Ask by The Smiths.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was nearly taps aff o'clock on the number 35 bus in to work.

Lol I thought of you as well, I remember a post back Christmas ish time that you posted asking him to perform. Excellent booking , I will definitely be there!

Yep thats the big one for me this year. It'll be on the day and x quantity of red wine will be the deciding force.

Yeah I might have to miss Dreadzone yet again for the 5th year straight for Mavis :)

Highlight of the line up for me. Have had do you know the way to San Jose in my head all day. :D

It needs Dionne Warwick singing it, but I can't see that happen :-(

He's got so many *incredible* tunes, I'm really looking forward to this. Just hope he does as many as possibly as full songs (even with Paloma Faith on vox!) rather than medleys. Can't be doing with medleys. (A song has to brew like a decent cup of tea - no yukky instant coffee with Burt pleeeeze!)