Glastocam!

pauladam

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

It was in Joe Rush’s yard all festival. Just up from our binnie camp

Ah that's interesting.  I had a conversation with a Greenpeace girl ref the polar bear.  She told me that he hadn't survived lockdown storage very well and was, in her words, beyond repair.  She said he was due to be taken off site and broken down into constituent parts which would then be used to create a number of smaller bears.  Whether or not that is, or will be, the case I don't know.

Sad...but it's the circle of life I guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I must be the only person who enjoys seeing the farm(s) return to its natural beauty. The city that's built is awesome in the most literal sense of the word, but it would be an eyesore if any of it remained year round.

You're not alone

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2023 at 10:16 AM, kalifire said:

I must be the only person who enjoys seeing the farm(s) return to its natural beauty. The city that's built is awesome in the most literal sense of the word, but it would be an eyesore if any of it remained year round.

Yes, we’ve spent many times wandering the site when it’s accessible, during fallow years etc. absolutely beautiful, just the pyramid skeleton, the ship, covered long drops,  the wood path and a few other indicators that the festival takes place there. It’s amazing the job the litter pickers, the build crew do in returning the site to this condition. 
IMG_0475.thumb.jpeg.1059cd9c4a466a60d385e770f9654961.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

49 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Not a cam shot - I took it from the Ribbon Tower - but do we have any idea about this section, just above the Park? Clearly accommodation, with a large amount of space, their own little compost toilets, in peak position. Who is this? 

IMG_4234.jpeg.ba2feb4dad6e26b04586542b6a6001b1.jpeg

Coldplay's campsite?

Does anyone know if/when the site is open to walk around? I'm heading down that way this weekend and would be cool to have a wander, but I suspect it's too soon for that yet.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Not a cam shot - I took it from the Ribbon Tower - but do we have any idea about this section, just above the Park? Clearly accommodation, with a large amount of space, their own little compost toilets, in peak position. Who is this? 

Looks like the Tipi Park.

1849396809_Screenshot2023-07-12at16_46_07.png.313848492e5c88eee10270fc8f71d5f4.png

14 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Does anyone know if/when the site is open to walk around? I'm heading down that way this weekend and would be cool to have a wander, but I suspect it's too soon for that yet.

Still a building site, so certainly not.

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

Yes it’s the very top of The Tipi Park. These are for artists and guests of Emily that stay for the whole festival. It’s such a long walk up to those. This is the first time I’ve seen them up so far.

In the distance is the very top of Park crew camping. Again it’s a massive slog up there and no vehicles can get into that bit. I once camped up there.