Glastocam!

pauladam

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

When we do get up and running this shows how to have Glastocam as a wallpaper on phone . probably posted somewhere in here before tbh 

IMG_8239.png

Nice, I’ll wait for a scorching sunny day! Or use one of the best shots. 

9 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Oh no hope they don’t mean the site build . 

I took it as there being construction work on the building housing the webcam. They've never turned it off for the site build before so can't see them doing it now.

I hope it's fixed by the end of the month so I can do the full Glastonbury obsessive and see myself on the webcam when I visit the farm. Pyramid Inception.

32 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I took it as there being construction work on the building housing the webcam. They've never turned it off for the site build before so can't see them doing it now.

I hope it's fixed by the end of the month so I can do the full Glastonbury obsessive and see myself on the webcam when I visit the farm. Pyramid Inception.

I don't know the current status*, but as of the 2015 festival, it wasn't in a building. It was (for lack of a better way of describing it) a small box on the edge of the farmyard, with a camera on a pole coming out of the top of it.

Can't actually remember noticing how it was powered and/or got network connectivity, but I assume there must have been a cable of some description running to it.

*more specifically, we can see that it's not physically moved since, but I don't know whether they've built some form of enclosure/protection around it. It did appear to be surprisingly exposed at the time.

24 minutes ago, incident said:

I don't know the current status*, but as of the 2015 festival, it wasn't in a building. It was (for lack of a better way of describing it) a small box on the edge of the farmyard, with a camera on a pole coming out of the top of it.

Ah, if this is the case then I take back my last comment. I've visited the farm a few times and seen the webcam from a distance but assumed it was attached to the roof of one of the farm buildings.

In that case @Crazyfool01's worries may be right, the build they're referring to might actually be the festival. If so what are we all meant to do for the next 2 months!?

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Ah, if this is the case then I take back my last comment. I've visited the farm a few times and seen the webcam from a distance but assumed it was attached to the roof of one of the farm buildings.

In that case @Crazyfool01's worries may be right, the build they're referring to might actually be the festival. If so what are we all meant to do for the next 2 months!?

I don’t really think that’s the case I was kind of saying it in jest , at least I hope not anyway 

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I think the webcam is a bit in thr middle of nowhere, by the biomass thing? Probably building a new shed or something in the vicinity. 

I'm pretty sure it's on a pole where I've marked below.....the view directly towards the Tor is across the silage clamp which you can see is empty on the Google Maps image below.  Stands to reason that if there is work going on with the shed then it'll be off/down I guess.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 10.06.08.png

Screenshot 2024-04-08 10.05.13.png

6 minutes ago, Cheesey said:

I think the webcam is here:

image.thumb.png.fd85dba0c201b05104fa39d396959927.png

image.thumb.png.b4e12e2e2c10a8bfab2d9a76b38f38df.png

Happy to be corrected though.

It was definitely in this location at one point:

8f94bb32d692b24164538d2545d2c25b84ee4dec.jpg

Ooh interesting....could be but the only thing is that in that spot it's mainly south facing and the end of the building makes the very far right view (where you can see Steanbow dairy unit and across the A361...) very difficult.

45 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Ooh interesting....could be but the only thing is that in that spot it's mainly south facing and the end of the building makes the very far right view (where you can see Steanbow dairy unit and across the A361...) very difficult.

I think you're right. I don't think it would be able to see Woodies from the position I mentioned. I think that must have been where the old cam was (with the three small images), before the new Panomax camera was introduced in 2015.

The webcam image archive indicates that it was repositioned slightly in early 2017 as well.

Edited by Cheesey

Unless it's on the building I mentioned, but on a pole now so it can see over the roof. There's something that looks like the shadow of a pole on the Google Maps satellite images here:

image.png.568722d8d921717f4f9c33d568e46b94.png

Edited by Cheesey

6 hours ago, Cheesey said:

Unless it's on the building I mentioned, but on a pole now so it can see over the roof. There's something that looks like the shadow of a pole on the Google Maps satellite images here:

image.png.568722d8d921717f4f9c33d568e46b94.png

Yes I think you're right....the shadow would be right for a pole there rather than where I thought 👍