Glastocam!

pauladam

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Tremendous, so glad you good a decent days weather!  Hope the wee dog wasn’t too shattered!  We had great weather a few weeks ago on our visit. 

We were supposed to walk around yesterday but with the monsoon like weather we changed our plans and went today instead.

Stopped in at The Crown for a bowl of soup before the 2 hour drive home.

Dog slept the whole way back and has now crashed on our sofa and won’t move 😂

965C9111-7D28-4F31-9C1B-3915EB0FC4AD.jpeg

Just as a word of warning to anyone else taking their dog, ours got an electric shock from the wires at the Pyramid, he yelped and was a bit shaken for a few mins.  

We got close to the wires to take pictures so was our fault, but other fenced off bits around the site didn’t give him any shocks so probably why he went up to it.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

We were supposed to walk around yesterday but with the monsoon like weather we changed our plans and went today instead.

Stopped in at The Crown for a bowl of soup before the 2 hour drive home.

Dog slept the whole way back and has now crashed on our sofa and won’t move 😂

965C9111-7D28-4F31-9C1B-3915EB0FC4AD.jpeg

Tired but happy, like me on the festival Sunday night ! We had a lovely meal in the crown, I would recommend it to anyone. 

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

Just as a word of warning to anyone else taking their dog, ours got an electric shock from the wires at the Pyramid, he yelped and was a bit shaken for a few mins.  

We got close to the wires to take pictures so was our fault, but other fenced off bits around the site didn’t give him any shocks so probably why he went up to it.

yeah those yellow fences with the livestock within will likely have them turned on ... our dog used to get the odd belt . great photos hopefully you didnt get too disorientated without many of the landmarks ... it looks very different out of  season 

36 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

yeah those yellow fences with the livestock within will likely have them turned on ... our dog used to get the odd belt . great photos hopefully you didnt get too disorientated without many of the landmarks ... it looks very different out of  season 

I lost my bearings a little at the start when we came in down Hitchin Hill and past JPT/Woods …once we got to the Pyramid I was ok! 

The SEC felt very small compared to what I’m used to!

2 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Quality pics! I was in Bath at the time up the road and it's been pissin it down there all day so looks like you were pretty lucky there with the weather..!

We were meant to go yesterday but the weather was so bad we switched our plans around and went this morning instead (we stayed in West Pennard for two nights)

1 hour ago, westholtschic said:

I managed to get up the Tor for midnight. Was packed but magical. Drunk to much rum up there which made the steps down interesting 😂

That sounds great. The steps can be slippy in daylight, I’d imagine they would be a lot worse in the early hours after a few too many drinks. 

• Upvote 1