biffy clyro

myers

They could always bun glasto and do a massive show, Hyde park and a later tour in the year. Don't know where I get it from but I can't see them being a first choice for a night at glasto... They are big and deserve to headline but not to the extent where I can imagine Emily desperate to get them? Maybe I'm just talking rubbish.

They could but they've taken the opportunity when ask to play in years of 07, 08, 10 and the secret set of 2011, that to me would indicate it holds a place for them, they enjoy it and if offered a headline slot which I believe they will, the only answer will be where do we sign. They haven't played since but to be fair, their step up headline shows at 3 out of 4 major UK Fests over two years and a big arena tour followed.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...

What I truly mean is that if biffy do tour with a new album next year they are a likely candidate.

Once we get a better understanding of the Radiohead situation they may be likely too.

I suggested Rihanna as her album is looking to be out sometime this year. headlining at the later end of her tour maybe?

Did I word that nicely? Or not? :lol:

Okay...

What I truly mean is that if biffy do tour with a new album next year they are a likely candidate.

Once we get a better understanding of the Radiohead situation they may be likely too.

I suggested Rihanna as her album is looking to be out sometime this year. headlining at the later end of her tour maybe?

Did I word that nicely? Or not? :lol:

Yes, congratulations.

I would say Infinity Land is their best album. But they've definitely had some bangers in recent years: Living is a problem from Puzzle, That Golden Rule from Only Revolutions, Victory over the Sun from Opposites...

Oh yeah, some good songs, but the albums aren't up to it no more.

IL is my top album by them for sure, but my favourite song is 57 (hence my username) from the first album. Some gems on the last 2 but I think Opposites was mostly a bit beige really.

Infinity Land is an incredible album, don't think they'll ever top it.

I thought Opposites was seriously underrated though, and preferred it to their other recent efforts. Some really good live tracks on there: Victory Over The Sun, Picture A Knife Fight, Sounds Like Balloons, etc.

Infinity Land is an incredible album, don't think they'll ever top it.

I thought Opposites was seriously underrated though, and preferred it to their other recent efforts. Some really good live tracks on there: Victory Over The Sun, Picture A Knife Fight, Sounds Like Balloons, etc.

Yeah, generally not a massive fan but Sounds Like Balloons is an ace track.

If Flo isn't headlining then I can't see Biffy being pushed. It'd be an interesting bold move for them to be pushed to headline by the festival, but I think that playing it safe is quite crucial after Kanye's controversy.

I think that they should and could sub!

If Flo isn't headlining then I can't see Biffy being pushed. It'd be an interesting bold move for them to be pushed to headline by the festival, but I think that playing it safe is quite crucial after Kanye's controversy.

Pushed to headline? They are already established headliners. IOW, TITP R&L and Sonisphere under their belt.

???

It's pretty likely that biffy will intend to release the album, and then then tour the album throughout the summer.

We know Radiohead are unpredictable, can't see them working on such a structure. We also know they like to take their time on albums, may not even be ready for next summer for all we know.

I'm just being careful.

I have Radiohead down in my head for a headliner next year I think thats more likely if they get their album out. It's about time!

I wouldn't mind BC being pushed, but they need to get a cracking record out to maintain their recent surge. More 57 type songs for me!

That's absolutely no means to compare Florence and Biffy when it comes to headlining, Biffy are now proven festival headliners, the only place they really can go from here off this album, is a stadium show in Scotland and headlining Glastonbury I think

That's absolutely no means to compare Florence and Biffy when it comes to headlining, Biffy are now proven festival headliners, the only place they really can go from here off this album, is a stadium show in Scotland and headlining Glastonbury I think

I'm glad someone drew the line at Scotland. They're a decent band (more so on the earlier albums) and they're an established headliner now but there's no chance they'll be playing Wembley next year

I'm just being careful.

Thanks for the clarification.

Personally I think they'd do alright selling just an evening at Wembley, Emitates, Twickenham or MK Bowl but I don't know the ins & outs of promoters risks though.

On a side note, did TDCC sell out their night at the O2?

Yeah I think if they just did a one off Stadium show in England and that was it it'd sell out.

But a pop band/singer & someone like Royal Blood as support.

I can't see them doing Hyde or Vicky Park for some reason but I'm guessing they will be similar capacities.

I know some of their singles aren't all that popular on efests but seeing them close Reading playing Mountains with the fire works going off & hugging the ex went straight into my top 10 musical moments.