Some cabaret stuff announced

DeanoL

saw Shappi Korsandi last year waiting to see the Cuban brothers. Was the most cringeworthy awkward experience of my life, she pretty much had a mental breakdown on stage.

Josh Widdicombe is quite a big name for them to get, didn't realise he was there last year as well.

Can't decide whether I'd like to see John Cooper Clarke or not, loved his sense of humour when he was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks, but not really into poetry. Did anyone see him last year?

Lounge Kittens ring a bell, are they an act people rave about on here?

Edited by ewankenobi

Lounge Kittens are a great way to spend 20 mins between acts, I enjoyed them last year, but in all honesty I wouldn't miss someone you really want to see for them.

yeah just looked them up on youtube, think I'd agree with your interpretation, potentially good fun, but doesn't seem like anything to get too excited about.

Lounge Kittens are a great way to spend 20 mins between acts, I enjoyed them last year, but in all honesty I wouldn't miss someone you really want to see for them.

Tend to agree with this. I stumbled on them last year and they were ace though.

We'd have to agree to disagree davefrompompey,love going to see him and always puts a good show,can imagine him putting a more caustic show on this time too with all the political shenanigans going on.

I'm a fan. You're right, he always puts on a good show, has the audience in the palm of his hand. Some of his one liners are wonderful, and he's got some great poems. Maybe I've seen him too many times but I wouldn't go out of my way to see him again (only watched him last year because I stumbled into the tent as he stumbled onto the stage).

There was an amazing light show in the Cabaret Tent a couple of years ago from Feeding The Fish. A very clever mix of light sticks and dance. If they are back again they are highly recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hx7qiby4B8

The Cabaret/Theatre area is probably my most attended.

Last year I think I saw all of the usually there Marks: (Steel, Thomas, Watson, etc...)

Jeremy Hardy is also usually there isn't he?

I met Marcus Brigstock buying chicken last year.

They all had me in proper hysterics.

Love The Cabaret Tent. I can't believe I've only just found their twitter feed.

I've been avoiding the favourite areas thread. (Edit: Which I now can't find).

Edited by MrZigster

There was an amazing light show in the Cabaret Tent a couple of years ago from Feeding The Fish. A very clever mix of light sticks and dance. If they are back again they are highly recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hx7qiby4B8

I've seen this! Couldn't tell you when but aree it was great.

Cooper Clarke was brilliant at Electric Picnic in 2012. Would definitely try to see him again.

From the Glasto Cabaret Facebook page, they've announced a few acts from last year that will be returning this year:

Josh Widdicombe

The Lounge Kittens

Brilliant news!!!

I've never really made my way there for any specific acts before but its one of those areas that are just fantastic if you at a loss for something to do or just need a chill out from the main drag and crowds.

We were standing in the Other stage field waiting for The Subways (I think) to come on and I turned around to my son and said "There's a bloke about 10 feet in front of us who is the spitting image of Josh Widdicombe". Turns out it was - just waiting for the band with a bunch of mates.

Had some real "floods of tears with laughter moments" in the cabaret area - John Otway - marvellous.