Secret resales 2015

Terence99

4 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Can any of us try for you? I know there's the payment issue etc though

Thanks for the offer, but I'm good :)

@funkyuk @cb4747 -  If the resale hasn't happened by Thursday, I've still got your details saved to my desktop so will continue to keep an eye out :D

1 minute ago, tabasco said:

Thanks for the offer, but I'm good :)

@funkyuk @cb4747 -  If the resale hasn't happened by Thursday, I've still got your details saved to my desktop so will continue to keep an eye out :D

not a problem thought I would ask incase :) feel like we are all in this together and the idea of any of us missing out makes me feel awful! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

This forum is open for the world to see available from a quick Google search. It's a game for anyone to play. 

Except that finding it yourself via active Google searching is rather different, and less common, than having it presented to you on your Facebook feed. I've little doubt that if it hadn't been on Facebook, some of the ticketless on here would have got tickets.

• Upvote 2

For what it's worth...

Two weeks before Glastonbury last year I was without a ticket, gripped with the realisation I HAD to be there.

I replied to a post on eFests advertising for volunteers, and two whirlwind weeks of preparation later, I was sat in a nearly empty Pyramid field, with a friend and a beer, as the sun set on the Tuesday before the gates opened.

If you get a similar opportunity, and you truly love Glastonbury, don't think, just go!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, billum said:

The received wisdom is that we should monitor: http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/, as Tour and extras didn't give an alert when yesterday's sale happened

How can you monitor that URL when it redirects to the EXTRAS page?

What monitor are you using?

Hi guys.  I need to look out for secret resale ticket for a mate so want to set up a page tracker so I get an email as soon as they are up - does anyone know of these best one please?  followthatpage.com doesn't do anything for me....

He only needs one so I have space to buy more for anyone!  Cheers and good luck x

Just now, Brave Sir Robin said:

Except that finding it yourself via active Google searching is rather different, and less common, than having it presented to you on your Facebook feed. I've little doubt that if it hadn't been on Facebook, some of the ticketless on here would have got tickets.

The "secret" resales have been discussed on Facebook by loads of people ever since the general resale. My heart sunk every time I saw someone posting about it, but lots of people were keen to share the love this year. The curious would have googled and found this forum and signed up for alerts. No one being spoon fed links would have got through yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Simpo said:

For what it's worth...

Two weeks before Glastonbury last year I was without a ticket, gripped with the realisation I HAD to be there.

I replied to a post on eFests advertising for volunteers, and two whirlwind weeks of preparation later, I was sat in a nearly empty Pyramid field, with a friend and a beer, as the sun set on the Tuesday before the gates opened.

If you get a similar opportunity, and you truly love Glastonbury, don't think, just go!

Thats ace. What did you do there?

Also (I know this discussion was a while back!) for anything thinking about not getting coach tickets, JUST DO IT! (If they come on sale). Last year I went by coach for the first time (resale coach tickets), and it's honestly fine. Better to have a ticket and travel by coach than not have a ticket at all.

I missed out yesterday by a matter of minutes. I was trying for friends who are not very Internet savvy. I'm a bit disappointed as is everyone who didn't get a ticket but if there is one positive I can dig out from my ashes of failure is EVERY ticket has gone to a genuine festival goer. No ticket touts buying them up in bulk to resell on fleabay or those 'official' resale ticket tout sites. 

It is annoying and frustrating but WELL DONE to those who got lucky 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jolie23 said:

Also (I know this discussion was a while back!) for anything thinking about not getting coach tickets, JUST DO IT! (If they come on sale). Last year I went by coach for the first time (resale coach tickets), and it's honestly fine. Better to have a ticket and travel by coach than not have a ticket at all.

Also get a mate to drive your car down and take your heavies

2 minutes ago, mocoworm said:

How can you monitor that URL when it redirects to the EXTRAS page?

What monitor are you using?

the clever http stuff is able to take an instruction on whether to follow a redirection or not.

I've chosen to not monitor the extras page in my own checker, but to instead go for the main URL, meaning that if See decided to change the redirection (which they could do at any moment) it will follow the new redirection.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

trust me, i've got 6 IPs* in my house and there's nothing complex at all about my set-up.

(my 'normal' dynamic IP, plus a block of 5 fixed IPs).

All devices using any of those IPs plug into the same one network, with the BT router handling everything.

You have 6 IPs *in* your house or you have 6 publicly routable IP addresses on the external interface of your firewall? B)

99.99% of home users will have multiple non-routable IP addresses on their internal network (192.168.0.0 range normally, although 10.0.0.0 is also possible). These addresses will use NAT to be presented as a single address on the external interface of their firewall, which will use port matching to see where the incoming traffic is destined.

If you have a block of 6 publically routable addresses on the external interface of your firewall, you have a complex network and are actually using more public IP addresses than many small businesses. You would also need some IP mapping rules to match external IPs to external ones unless you directly wanted to expose those devices to the internet which would be a Bad Idea.

If you have the first setup, then Seetickets will see all traffic as coming from a single IP with different port numbers for return traffic.

Um...anyway...it's kinda what I do for a living. It's pretty boring :D

What I'm saying is that if you're using 6 addresses externally, then its complex compared to most! 

Edited by Woz101

18 minutes ago, Woz101 said:

Depends on the NAT (Network Address Translation) setting on the outgoing firewall and the number of IP addresses available. For home users the answer is overwhelmingly yes unless they have a very complex setup.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

trust me, i've got 6 IPs* in my house and there's nothing complex at all about my set-up.

All devices using any of those IPs plug into the same one network, with the BT router handling everything.

Well it's more complex than mine, as my IT manager (aka mrs. olio) just confirmed all our devices share the same IP address, unless she turns on her VPN.

Neil, am I correctly understanding that despite this, your opinion is that having separate IP addresses has no effect on the chances of getting tickets?

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

the clever http stuff is able to take an instruction on whether to follow a redirection or not.

I've chosen to not monitor the extras page in my own checker, but to instead go for the main URL, meaning that if See decided to change the redirection (which they could do at any moment) it will follow the new redirection.

Ah i didnt think of that. Good idea.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

You've got 6 ips handled by one router then yes I'm sure you are no better off for various reasons you already outline

I sell phones for a living, and could if I wanted open 100 androids, put 100 SIM cards in them & create 100 connections to the Internet all with unique ips on 3G & 4G through 15 different mobile networks. 

My chances would be higher because to the ticket lottery system I've got 100 tickets & you have 1, excluding any thought of how fast we can f5