Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, Woz101 said:

It's a yes from me too, but then I assume I'm going to win the lottery each week too*, so take it with a pinch of salt!

*I don't often even buy a ticket...

I buy a ticket once a month on average and feel like I've got better chance winning that than getting a ticket haha 

39 minutes ago, rachelhop said:

I have messaged my niece of sorts who lives in Glastonbury, she told me her and her mum never pay to go so I have asked her in a last ditch attempt if there is anything they can do! Also my other cousins partners parents live right next door but don't go so they give there tickets to them and they get to go every bloody year!!!! I might message her later. You never know some locals might be up for selling!!! My Husband knows alot of people who do stage work there and my dad works for the bbc in management(not music) and he also know the guy who does Arcadia.  Some phone calls are going to be made this weekend as I am not giving up without a fight.

I wonder how that works, as Glastonbury itself is outside of the "free" zone (as far as I am aware).  I thought it was only Pilton itself that had the free tickets.

1 minute ago, EasyUserName said:

I wonder how that works, as Glastonbury itself is outside of the "free" zone (as far as I am aware).  I thought it was only Pilton itself that had the free tickets.

I have no idea maybe they know people??? She's lived there all her life and they were there last year and others as I have seeen the photos on FB.  She got back to me and said she is going to ask her mum tonight!  

I also know another mum friend and she can always go for free her husband runs a theatre company but the don't always play there.  I asked her in October and she said she can always go but can't get me tickets.  She annoyingly said she wasn't sure if she would though.

Just now, rachelhop said:

I have no idea maybe they know people??? She's lived there all her life and they were there last year and others as I have seeen the photos on FB.  She got back to me and said she is going to ask her mum tonight!  

I'd be interested to know, as I know someone moving to Glastonbury later this year, and they had already asked (I'd have thought things like the facilities etc, but no - festival first!).  They were told they wouldn't qualify for freebies as the town was outside the freebie catchement. 

2 minutes ago, rachelhop said:

I know of glastonbury residents and they have to pay for locals tickets, or get sunday tickets.

Total change of thought. It's going to sound like madness but....Why don't we do a peaceful protest or revolt and try to get media attention? Or if someone is creative on her write a song or something creative and get it out there? That's the kind of thing M and E would respond to!

Just now, EasyUserName said:

I'd be interested to know, as I know someone moving to Glastonbury later this year, and they had already asked (I'd have thought things like the facilities etc, but no - festival first!).  They were told they wouldn't qualify for freebies as the town was outside the freebie catchement. 

Just now, jumbomcnutt said:

I know of glastonbury residents and they have to pay for locals tickets, or get sunday tickets.

Sometimes I think it must come down to who you know. The team that work there that my husband knows did give out sunday tickets to someone a few years ago.

Just now, Katir said:

Total change of thought. It's going to sound like madness but....Why don't we do a peaceful protest or revolt and try to get media attention? Or if someone is creative on her write a song or something creative and get it out there? That's the kind of thing M and E would respond to!

a protest about what? that they've sold out of all the tickets that they're allowed to sell? :blink:

1 minute ago, Katir said:

They'd clutch at straws as well?

1 minute ago, Katir said:

He's probably respond with a laugh... They have a licence to sell x number of tickets to punters, and they've sold them out. What kind of precedent would it set if we kicked up a fuss and were given tickets, simply for being unlucky in sales? How many of us would get them? How many people would do this again in the future? etc.