FKA twigs hype thread

Amy Lawn

have been wanting to see her for the last 18 months but she has cancelled gigs 3 times at very short notice which cost me a small fortune in hotel and train tickets.

Consequently despite wanting to see her and obviously cutting my nose off to spite my face, I will go nowhere near her and she won't get a second of support from me. That bloody women has driven me mental

Great tunes though.

can already see a LOT of clashes happening in the top 2/3 of the main stages. reckon there's gonna be some killer decisions to be made, and reckon this is gonna be one of them

Yep with you there - the lineup is almost too good for me this year.

2nd on West Holts or Park i reckon. really hope she doesn't clash with anybody major as i'd love to see her

I'm really hoping for this too - just can't cope with JP stage these days!!

Determined to see the Twig though, I'm firmly in the 'she's sensational' camp (along with Janelle Monáe and other fantastic contemporary RnB-ers) - great time for music, great line-up!!

Has anyone actually seen her live? I love the album but when watching her Coachella set I thought the set up was bad as you could barely hear her vocals but think this was a set up thing.

Would love to know if she is good in real life? I'm not sure which stage to be honest but really would like to see her :)

Has anyone actually seen her live? I love the album but when watching her Coachella set I thought the set up was bad as you could barely hear her vocals but think this was a set up thing.

Would love to know if she is good in real life? I'm not sure which stage to be honest but really would like to see her :)

I saw her at Pukkelpop last year, she played in the afternoon but in a tent so it was dark and moody. In my opinion it was pretentious twaddle, I didn't last the full show. I saw Young Fathers at the same event and felt the same about them. Everyone else loves both acts and they both reviewed pretty well, so it's probably just me

Review from HUMO here

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.humo.be%2Fpukkelpop%2F298117%2Freview-fka-twigs-op-pukkelpop-2014-castello

I saw her at Pukkelpop last year, she played in the afternoon but in a tent so it was dark and moody. In my opinion it was pretentious twaddle, I didn't last the full show. I saw Young Fathers at the same event and felt the same about them. Everyone else loves both acts and they both reviewed pretty well, so it's probably just me

Review from HUMO here

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.humo.be%2Fpukkelpop%2F298117%2Freview-fka-twigs-op-pukkelpop-2014-castello

I just wasn't feeling the love based on the Coachella set so switched off but not going to judge her just on that but thanks for your comments

Funny about Young Fathers everyone does seem to rave about them but when I saw them in Barcelona last year as part of BAM festival in September they didn't really do much for me, they were okay but nothing special IMO

I wonder if her set to be something that doesn't translate that well on to screen? I imagine it to be quite atmospheric which would be entirely lost unless you are there in person.

Whilst I didn't really enjoy her set, it was certainly very atmospheric. Smoke, backlighting, moody but I just didn't connect with it.