announcement

eFestivals

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think glimour is easily a headline act.

Of course after the festivals grotesque behaviour in 2008 he should go nowhere near the place, but still.

Yeah, he's plenty big enough to headline. Don't think he will though, his tour starts well after Glasto and it would be a big ask to get him + band to rehearse for just one show

Surely the line up will be more distracting than the prospect of the line up? Especially considering if it hasn't appeared in the morning it's unlikely to do so until the evening.

If it drops in the morning, I can just whack up a playlist and revise over that. The excitement from a line up announcement always gives me some sort of boost when it comes to revision. It's weird.

Aye I find it impossible to do anything in the lead up to an announcement. Spend way too long on here getting excited about it. After the announcement the threads become boring as everyone's just saying the same things about all the acts announced and it's impossible to keep up with so I just stop reading it.

I think glimour is easily a headline act.

Of course after the festivals grotesque behaviour in 2008 he should go nowhere near the place, but still.

It would've been grotesque behaviour to kick a band out of a slot for another one a month before the festival. They'd have struggled for headliners after that.

Wasn't it for Kings of Leon too?

Yep, them and Jay Z and the Verve

It would've been grotesque behaviour to kick a band out of a slot for another one a month before the festival. They'd have struggled for headliners after that.

I dont think kicking a band off a slot would be how you go about it, no. You could simply ask any of the headliners would they accommodate the wishes of a dying musical legend. One of them surely would have said yes and dropped down or came back in 2009?

I heard they would have played on KOL's day.

Im sure Mr Wright and Co would have taken any of the days and if the festival wanted it to happen they could a asked their headliners how they felt about it. What exactly happened and what was exactly said Im sure we will never 100% know but Gilmore was pissed off, that much I believe.

I dont think kicking a band off a slot would be how you go about it, no. You could simply ask any of the headliners would they accommodate the wishes of a dying musical legend. One of them surely would have said yes and dropped down or came back in 2009?

It wouldn't be as easy as that. For starters, it wouldn't be as simple as asking the band themselves as there are so many people and businesses tied to it and would have wanted either of those headline slots to go down.

This dying wish thing is hogwash anyway. Why wouldn't he have urged the band to do it a few years before when they inevitably asked after Live 8? Or between that and 2008? Why wait for a cancer diagnosis?

It wouldn't be as easy as that. For starters, it wouldn't be as simple as asking the band themselves as there are so many people and businesses tied to it and would have wanted either of those headline slots to go down.

This dying wish thing is hogwash anyway. Why wouldn't he have urged the band to do it a few years before when they inevitably asked after Live 8? Or between that and 2008? Why wait for a cancer diagnosis?

because I guess once you are diagnosed with a terminal illness it focuses your mind on all the things you want to do. That's why cancer patients make bucket lists etc

Neil, can I ask a question?

Does your info come directly from those working at the festival? The reason I ask is that the fact you have recently obtained the info you have makes me wonder if those at the top i.e. Emily etc, are that bothered about the identity of the third headliner being known in advance of June. It hasn't taken us long to work out from the info provided that the clear favourite for the spot is Blur. If this is to turn out to be true, they're surely not naive to think that word of Blur being the likely third headliner will be contained to those who visit this forum alone. For example, word of Blur has already made it's way to social media and is bound to spread further in the coming days and weeks. I guess what I'm trying to establish is would those who are privy to who identity of the third headliner face any repurcussions for releasing these rather large clues to someone who they know is going to pass that info on to people who will then spread the word further?

Are Glasto not too fussed about the secrecy of their headliners, or just not that fussed about this particular headliner?

You are sounding like an ass

Dying wishes as hogwash? FFS :rolleyes: