Kanye west confirmed

mike99

25 minutes ago, Badlands said:

In the top 5 GOAT Yeezy tracks for me.

There’s a decent ten track album in Pablo somewhere!!

Fixing TLOP was probably the best thing about the album. Like those LEGO kits where you could build a helicopter as it is or you could do whatever the hell you want with the pieces. Even Ye was getting in on it.

Back to current times though, this album tomorrow seems to have a lot riding on it. If he releases some straight trash with Lil Pump, and more problematically, 6ix9ine and XXX on there then some longtime fans are gonna be reconsidering whether the declining output is worth trying to ignore or defend his dumbass outbursts. Probably not as many as if he hadn't already teased Good Ass Job w/ Chance and WTT2 but who knows.

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Fixing TLOP was probably the best thing about the album. Like those LEGO kits where you could build a helicopter as it is or you could do whatever the hell you want with the pieces. Even Ye was getting in on it.

Back to current times though, this album tomorrow seems to have a lot riding on it. If he releases some straight trash with Lil Pump, and more problematically, 6ix9ine and XXX on there then some longtime fans are gonna be reconsidering whether the declining output is worth trying to ignore or defend his dumbass outbursts. Probably not as many as if he hadn't already teased Good Ass Job w/ Chance and WTT2 but who knows.

It'll probably be straight trash with one incredible song on it like his last couple. So I'm looking forward to that song. 

Although I'm aware Yeezus was produced in a similar short time span I really hope this hasn't been thrown together in a week like his previous one was. Going in to this one with much lower expectations than usual for a new Kanye album so hopefully it'll be a pleasant surprise...

Also hope Kanye is actually present on this one. Wasn't a fan of may of his verses on ye.

Edited by FloorFiller

On 9/18/2018 at 10:48 PM, Gucci Piggy said:

TLOP/Ye.

I've heard quite a few people lump those two together. There's a world of difference, to my ears. I actually really like TLOP (although it's not as consistent as The Old Kanye) but Ye doesn't do much for me at all. Neither does that abomination with Lil Pump, which would be ten times better if nobody opened their fucking mouths. Nasir was good.

I'd rank him thusly:  The Old Kanye > The New Kanye >>> The Brand New Kanye

Edit: That looks like the more he produces the worse it gets, but I'd say The New Kanye is still pretty good, so I added a couple of >'s.

Edited by kalifire

Yeezy’s skill has always been about him being able to lift the best that people have to offer, and knowing the difference between a good hook and a hook that’ll give him a hit. Listening to that Dissect podcast on MBDTF was fairly enlightening. There’s also great article about Ultralight Beam where they interview that Fonzworth Bentley fella who used to do the butler/rapper thing with Diddy and OutKast. Quite instrumental in how it came out!

http://www.thefader.com/2016/02/26/kanye-west-story-of-ultralight-beam-interview-fonzworth-bentley

Edited by Badlands
Link added

So for those not following the shambles, Kanye did 3 songs on SNL: him and Lil Pump dressed as bottles bounced around doing their goofy meme song, a new one with Teyana Taylor which sounded alright but rough and only started to get good at the end, and then Ghost Town with a massive band - sounded great but NBC cut to an ad just as it was getting to the PUT MY HAND ON A STOVE bit. Hilariously Kanye (MAGA hat on, naturally) seems not to have known this and proceeded to go into a massive speech which has since surface on Twitter about how 90% of media is liberal and people won't let him speak, etc etc.

No word at all on the album. Possibly not even finished. Mess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Hilariously Kanye (MAGA hat on, naturally) seems not to have known this and proceeded to go into a massive speech which has since surface on Twitter about how 90% of media is liberal and people won't let him speak, etc etc.

No word at all on the album. Possibly not even finished. Mess.

Yonald confirmed.

6 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Hilariously Kanye (MAGA hat on, naturally) seems not to have known this and proceeded to go into a massive speech which has since surface on Twitter about how 90% of media is liberal and people won't let him speak, etc etc.

Haha! He really is a bellend, isn't he? Great producer of some quality beats and hooks, but my goodness he's a turnip.

Just now, dentalplan said:

One of those is not like the others...

They're alike within the context of my point - each released an album when nobody was expecting it, and that very fact generated arguably as much or more interest than if they hyped it in a traditional sense (and definitely more than if they hyped something then didn't deliver).