Kanye west confirmed

mike99

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I don't think that tweet can really be put down to any illness (unless I'm missing something...?). It's a pickle with a kanye beard/tash, that's silly.

It probably amused him because it's silly. It amused me because it's silly.

Yeah, the pickle's fine!? I was mainly talking about some of the other stuff, and some of the media coverage of him rather than just these forums (I did that thing where you read a post and it triggers all the annoyance that's been building up from elsewhere!)- the same media outlets that claim how important it is to break down mental health stigma's and promote understanding, who then turn around with a "ooh look at the crazy person!" (bbc's coverage of that visit to the whitehouse was horrific and they had some of the presenters openly laughing at him when discussing it on a politics show).

I think he does actually do a reasonable job of explaining what it's like for him here, and recognises he was a bit manic on the TMZ thing:

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Who is worse, Trump supporters or Rick and Morty fans whacking on about how clever they are for liking a cartoon?

I like to think we've maintained a civil discourse thus far Lawn.  I value your insights, and your love for Robyn marks you out as a person of taste and rare qualities.

Lump me in with Trump supporters again and I shall turn up to the meet all set for 15 rounds under the Marquis of Queensberry's finest

4 minutes ago, bamber said:

Kanye and his friend Trump actually have a very low IQ

Real low.

What a bunch of c**ts they turned out to be

you clearly haven't seen the hydrogen powered plane he's making with apple

(wubba lubba dub dub! I'm pickle ye!)

Edited by Mash011

13 hours ago, Mash011 said:

you clearly haven't seen the hydrogen powered plane he's making with apple

(wubba lubba dub dub! I'm pickle ye!)

He's bipolar and probably designed the plane during a manic episode. If you saw someone walking funny and laughed, then found out they walked funny because they had spina bifida, would you still laugh and mock them because they walked funny? I thought his erratic behaviour was initially funny, because I thought he was just being a d*** or egomaniac or something, but once you find out why he's behaving like he is, I don't think it's really funny anymore. I wouldn't want someone laughing and mocking me if I was struggling with my mental health or on the cusp of a psychotic episode.

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

He's bipolar and probably designed the plane during a manic episode. If you saw someone walking funny and laughed, then found out they walked funny because they had spina bifida, would you still laugh and mock them because they walked funny? I thought his erratic behaviour was initially funny, because I thought he was just being a d*** or egomaniac or something, but once you find out why he's behaving like he is, I don't think it's really funny anymore. I wouldn't want someone laughing and mocking me if I was struggling with my mental health or on the cusp of a psychotic episode.

I think he can take it. 

9 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

What exactly did you find out?

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What exactly did you find out?

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/hypomania-and-mania/#.W-Acp6ecZUM

Mania lasts for a week or more and has a severe negative impact on your ability to do your usual day-to-day activities – often disrupting or stopping these completely. Severe mania is very serious, and often needs to be treated in hospital.

Symptoms of mania can include any of the symptoms of hypomania listed above, and can also include:

• uncontrollably excited, like you can't get your words out fast enough
  • racing and jumbled thoughts
  • like you are special and understand things other people can't
  • believing you are invincible or have special powers
  • very easily distracted and unable to concentrate on anything
  • loss of insight – not understanding that your behaviour is unusual or that it could cause problems
  • delusions and paranoia – thoughts that other people don't understand or share
  • seeing things, hearing voices or feeling things that other people don't (see our pages on psychosis for more information)
  • talking a lot and very quickly – to the point that others may not be able to understand or interrupt
  • jumping quickly between unrelated topics, or saying things that don't make sense to other people
  • being rude, angry or aggressive
  • doing or saying things that are inappropriate and out of character
  • losing social inhibitions
  • forgetting to look after yourself – forgetting to eat or drink, for example
  • misusing drugs or alcohol
  • taking serious risks with your safety
  • spending money excessively and inappropriately

After a hypomanic or manic episode, you might:

• feel very unhappy or ashamed about how you behaved
  • have made commitments or taken on responsibilities that now feel unmanageable
  • have only a few clear memories of what happened while you were manic, or none at all
  • feel very tired and need a lot of sleep and rest
  • if you experience hypomania or mania as part of another mental health problem, such as bipolar disorder or schizoaffective disorder, you may find that the episode is followed by a period of depression.

At the end of the day, people deserve to be treated with dignity, even when ill health robs them of it. You wouldn't laugh at someone who sh*t themselves because they were terminally ill and couldn't control their functions. I just think it's mean to ridicule someone who's struggling with their mental health or lacking capacity.

Edited by Mr.Tease

@Mr.Tease Apologies I thought you meant like some sort of recent professional evaluation that someone who’d met him had carried out. I get what you mean but at the same time it’s just an assumption.

And honestly it seems kinda patronising and dangerous to refuse to call him out based on his struggles with mental health. Like, those closest to him seem to say this is just ‘who he is’; it seems to have always been in his character to be outspoken and he’s grown pretty used to dealing with it. I mean, the hydrogen powered iPlane thing you can say “thank you Kanye, very cool” to and dismiss but when he’s using his platform to echo sentiments by the right wing of the USA then it’s not something to really be ignored or allowed.

They guy had a full on break down last year and was admitted to an institution. He's on a bunch of meds every day. He's always been a bit of a twat but he's definitely moved to a whole other level of crazy recently. It's a shame he's married to that useless whore. Any decent wife would be keeping him out of the public eye.

• Downvote 8

8 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

They guy had a full on break down last year and was admitted to an institution. He's on a bunch of meds every day. He's always been a bit of a twat but he's definitely moved to a whole other level of crazy recently. It's a shame he's married to that useless whore. Any decent wife would be keeping him out of the public eye.

Shut up you absolute weapon.

5 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I had a friend years ago. Her husband suffered really bad with depression. After several attempts once trying to kill himself by slitting his throat, she found him hanging. She was a loving wife with a young child. I'm positive she did everything to help him so she wouldn't be in the position of finding his body. 

This blaming the wife thing does nothing for the argument regardless of whether she is a 'whore' or her position in the public eye. They have two kids together. People around this will always blame themselves regardless of their efforts. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

@Mr.Tease Apologies I thought you meant like some sort of recent professional evaluation that someone who’d met him had carried out. I get what you mean but at the same time it’s just an assumption.

And honestly it seems kinda patronising and dangerous to refuse to call him out based on his struggles with mental health. Like, those closest to him seem to say this is just ‘who he is’; it seems to have always been in his character to be outspoken and he’s grown pretty used to dealing with it. I mean, the hydrogen powered iPlane thing you can say “thank you Kanye, very cool” to and dismiss but when he’s using his platform to echo sentiments by the right wing of the USA then it’s not something to really be ignored or allowed.

Its not really just an assumption - he's said he has that diagnosis himself, he's been hospitalised and he does exhibit a lot of the symptoms (I work in mental health). 

Sure call him out on his support for trump, but at the same time that's different to laughing at him for being erratic and that's the bit I take issue with. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

Its not really just an assumption - he's said he has that diagnosis himself, he's been hospitalised and he does exhibit a lot of the symptoms (I work in mental health). 

Sure call him out on his support for trump, but at the same time that's different to laughing at him for being erratic and that's the bit I take issue with. 

Kanye is pure spectacle, man. He's very deliberate about that. This is not someone who is harmed by being made fun of on message boards. 

6 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Kanye is pure spectacle, man. He's very deliberate about that. This is not someone who is harmed by being made fun of on message boards. 

It isn't just about Kanye, though, is it? There are a lot of other people out there with bipolar and seeing everyone laugh at Kanye's actions which could be caused by it isn't great.

7 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

It isn't just about Kanye, though, is it? There are a lot of other people out there with bipolar and seeing everyone laugh at Kanye's actions which could be caused by it isn't great.

People aren't laughing at him for having bipolar - his openness about that is probably the most positive aspect of what he's done recently - they're laughing at him for the goofy (and often explicitly harmful!) things he says. And it's so reductive and tbh condescending to act like he says those things simply because he's bipolar. 

9 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

People aren't laughing at him for having bipolar - his openness about that is probably the most positive aspect of what he's done recently - they're laughing at him for the goofy (and often explicitly harmful!) things he says. And it's so reductive and tbh condescending to act like he says those things simply because he's bipolar. 

I know people aren't explicitly laughing at him for having bipolar - that isn't what I said. There's been an incredible amount of gawping over how "crazy" he's been lately. I'm not talking about harmful things like his support of Trump.

And, I mean, I clearly said "could be caused" by that, for those exact reasons. I didn't "act like he says those things simply because he's bipolar".

My point is simply, Kanye has admitted he has bipolar, and there are still people out here laughing at things he does that could be as a result of that. If you're someone who suffers from something similar, which is already a difficult thing to deal with and talk about, then seeing this constantly going on in the media could easily be damaging to yourself.

It was a response to you saying "This is not someone who is harmed by being made fun of on message boards." I was just saying that it isn't necessarily because of Kanye that it's bad to laugh at him, but that it's bad for other people who suffer from the same thing.

• Upvote 1