Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see The Nal is feeling better again!

I dunno... his mantra of "we're fucked" was like a comfort blanket. and also, when he tried cheering up early this week, the weather took a nose dive, dave grohl's leg didn't heal quick enough, matt42 started feeling the need to preface his posts with an apology. all bad things.

One of my dads customers is a retired Meteorologist and my dad asked about the weather for Glastonbury and he had a quick look and said its going to be dry leading up to the festival, with between 4-8mm of rain falling over the festival with the majority being on the Thursday. He also said that it's going to get warmer as the weekend progresses but remaining cloudy with temperatures dropping to around 12 degrees at night.

Take with a pinch of salt obviously as he's probably reading from the same script as all these other weather websites!

Not much change on the websites since this morning:

2agkm1i.jpg

Isn't this analysis effectively extrapolating the weather over the past few days to make a prediction of what's coming?  I don't think there's any validity in that.

Metcheck have really low % under %Prec which is described as

%Prec: This is the percentage chance of seeing rain/snow falling across your area in the 3hr period

Highest they get to across the festival is 30% and the largest volume of precip they have is 1.1mm on the Thursday with a 5% chance. Everything is changing, all still to play for etc.

Isn't this analysis effectively extrapolating the weather over the past few days to make a prediction of what's coming? I don't think there's any validity in that.

It's not the trend of the current or past weather. It's the trend of runs in relation to the dates of the festival

Metcheck have really low % under %Prec which is described as

%Prec: This is the percentage chance of seeing rain/snow falling across your area in the 3hr period

Highest they get to across the festival is 30% and the largest volume of precip they have is 1.1mm on the Thursday with a 5% chance. Everything is changing, all still to play for etc.

cxactly. it's basically conjecture at this point, it's just fun looking at the charts when they come and and thinking 'alright!' or 'we're fucked!'

won't have a proper idea until monday.

cxactly. it's basically conjecture at this point, it's just fun looking at the charts when they come and and thinking 'alright!' or 'we're fucked!'

won't have a proper idea until monday.

at the moment all weather outlets/forecasters are saying is "there will be weather of some description". It all changed two days before last years festival, so at the moment fun-poking is allowed. Sunday Countryfile is the big one though.