General Election 2015

eFestivals

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicola Sturgeon's has said they dont want one. Whether that changes over the next few years is another thing..

She doesn't want one. She'd have to admit just how much she's lied to Scotland and taken the piss out of SNP supporters. Tho it's rather amazing they've not wised up to the SNP taking the piss already.

If you remember, back in September they claimed Scotland was one of the world's wealthiest countries and would be vibrant and rich if independent, without a mention of the word 'austerity' (whether prefixed by 'anti' or not). Independence would have taken just 18 months for all the parts to be done.

For the GE, the message has been that Scotland just can't afford to be self-financing despite a pledge of wanting full fiscal autonomy, and that the massive £10Bn deficit (half the SNHS) was "not relevant" because it will take at least seven years to make a few minor tweaks to more-separate Scotland from the UK.

And those u-turn words, absolutely and completely conflicted in claims, according to snippers everywhere, are the words of the UK's most principled political party. :lol:

Gawd knows what it says about their supporters.

Edited by eFestivals

I think he'll give them enough powers to feel like they've gained something, but also implement EVEL, so reduce their power should Labour ever resurrect itself in Scotland.

he'll give them powers in exchange for less funding, yep.

Scotland hasn't voted itself richer, it's just done the opposite.

But they'll blame the tories for it. :lol:

Edited by eFestivals

66% voted. of that 66%, 36% voted Conservative. What percentage of 100% (ie, everyone who can vote) is that 36% (I can't work it out). It must be around 25%-ish who voted for Conservative.

same as it ever was.

Just think how much better Labour's result might have been without the nationalist splitters and their urging that the anti-tory vote was split and weakened. ;)

Nah, that's just bollocks. Is Germany failing under PR?

It'll be different, but not chaotic or unstable - at least, it wouldn't be once we'd got used to it. It might take a few elections before things settled down because it'll take a while for people to properly grasp how it works, but things would definitely settle down again.

I'd rather have unstable governments than the shite governments I've had pretty much all my voting life.

18 years of Thatcher/Major.

13 years of Blair/brown.

10 years of Cameron.

With the exception maybe of the first couple of years under Blair these governments have been stable & shite.

You can stuff your stability.

Now, we are celebrating 70 years since the end of the war in Europe by electing a government who will be starting a new war in Europe.

same as it ever was.

Just think how much better Labour's result might have been without the nationalist splitters and their urging that the anti-tory vote was split and weakened. ;)

you can't help yourself. The Labour party needs to learn lessons from yesterday. If it does what you do & blames it all on the SNP it will avoid learning those lessons & condemn itself to a generation in the political wilderness. In 5 years time, as others have pointed out it is likely to face revised boundaries & EVEL so it seriously needs to get its finger out.

Or they could just sit round drinking americanos & moaning about the nasty Nats.

I know.

Labour NOT doing anything about the system, which they promised they would when they had the chance, is one of the disappointing things about them

except of course that would now have us an even more right wing govt than we've got. ;)

I'm all for PR, but don't go believing it changes how people think.

What are the chances of Alan Johnson becoming next Labour leader?

I'm guessing Labour will go back to Blairite nonsense, but he came across well on the TV last night and is probably the only left-leaning Labour leader who could instil a bit of confidence.

What are the chances of Alan Johnson becoming next Labour leader?

I'm guessing Labour will go back to Blairite nonsense, but he came across well on the TV last night and is probably the only left-leaning Labour leader who could instil a bit of confidence.

Bookies fave is Burnham. And Cooper to to replace her hubby.

except of course that would now have us an even more right wing govt than we've got. ;)

I'm all for PR, but don't go believing it changes how people think.

It does change how people vote though. Compare the green vote in Scotland at GE where it won't count to Holyrood where it does.

So you can't just take GE stats & use them to predict a result under PR.

That, in itself, doesn't mean you are necessarily wrong to say you would get a more right wing result.