General Election 2015

eFestivals

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No exaggeration. :rolleyes:

Salmond being corrupted by Murdoch is a proven-in-court fact,

Salmond having lied about his relationship and meetings with Murdoch is another proven fact - tho not proven in court, merely proven in the Scottish Parliament, this one.

When Murdoch is on your side you're on the wrong side.

Hey Neil, you`ve had a good day with the Sun coming out now in support of the SNP. I like your new line about the wrong side. I see you like it as well ;)

Before I go any further on this, I haven`t bought the Sun for atleast 2 decades. I`m no fan of Murdoch but his paper coming out now, the day after the poll showing the SNP are set to win all 59 seats is really not the big deal you are making it out to be across 2 threads. Bizarrely I remember we all had this discussion on the Indy thread. I remember you accusing me of myths when we were discussing Blair being the godfather to one of his daughters or was it grand daughter. I also remember a photo being posted of Ed holding the Sun. What side of your new catchphrase were you on then ? Anywayz during those heady days the Sun did NOT come our for the SNP. If you think hard enough about the polls at that time compared to today you may be able to work out why for yourself.

Does anyone know how the Sun are describing the SNP and Sturgeon in England ? Neil is only selecting the Scottish version for some reason.

The people of Scotland look like supporting the SNP in big numbers. This last minute jump on the bandwagon from Murdoch is unwelcome but irrelevant to the result. I`ve no idea how many people by the Sun but I know all newspapers have suffered in sales. It`s no surprise he`s trying to get on board after doing the opposite in September. To be honest we should all be way more concerned with who he`s backing in England where the result is in the balance. I really mean that last sentence. Massive week for Ed as Murdoch will throw everything at him.

Nearly forgot to say Neil that I agree with you that Murdoch wants anyone but Ed and that Leveson is at the heart of his reasons.

:D

That old fella asking what will Clegg do when he's unemployed has almost made watching this garbage worthwhile.

In back to spoiling my paper again, fuck these charlatans.

:( I like the Charlatans. Hoping to see them at Glastonbury this year. Don`t like his hair though but in fairness, I`m probably jealous.

:D

That old fella asking what will Clegg do when he's unemployed has almost made watching this garbage worthwhile.

In back to spoiling my paper again, fuck these charlatans.

Don't worry, the blessed Nicola is on next ... oh sorry - you're not getting her.

Your loss :)

On a serious note, whilst I understand, there are concerns (some more legitimate than others) about potential deals after may 7th, but the amount of time spent pointlessly discussing what might happen after May 7th has been ridiculous

Don't worry, the blessed Nicola is on next ... oh sorry - you're not getting her.

Your loss :)

On a serious note, whilst I understand, there are concerns (some more legitimate than others) about potential deals after may 7th, but the amount of time spent pointlessly discussing what might happen after May 7th has been ridiculous

It's ok, we've got ask Nigel Farage at 10.50...

I presume the leaders like questions about what might happen as it means they avoid difficult questions about their wildly hopeful spending plans

So if the snp offer is now ruled out by Ed, did we just see the first signs of the grand coalition :-(

are the votes of the Scottish people in a general election now dismissed by labour?

I've said a few times before that I think ed was quite right to use the line that he is fighting for a majority. why not stick to that ?

Think he has let dave force his hand. Can't see how we end up with labour without the snp unless the libs can be relied upon to get the seats and then back ed. Dangerous game.

I honestly don't think it matters. Cameron will be pm

Needs a bit of a jump in the polls, Russy. You predicting that? Or are you with Neil that the Snp will jump ship & team up with the Tories? Or a big recovery from libdems?

So if the snp offer is now ruled out by Ed, did we just see the first signs of the grand coalition :-(

are the votes of the Scottish people in a general election now dismissed by labour?

I've said a few times before that I think ed was quite right to use the line that he is fighting for a majority. why not stick to that ?

Think he has let dave force his hand. Can't see how we end up with labour without the snp unless the libs can be relied upon to get the seats and then back ed. Dangerous game.

I agree that he has to say he's going for a majority but there's probably a better way to do it than to say he'd rather not be in government at all than work with the SNP.

Needs a bit of a jump in the polls, Russy. You predicting that? Or are you with Neil that the Snp will jump ship & team up with the Tories? Or a big recovery from libdems?

Yep, I think a lot of don't knows will vote tory but are too embarrassed to say at the moment. I think the vote labour, get salmond campaign will bring ukip voters back to the tories in their hordes and I think the snp will get close to every scottish seat.

The perfect storm of these scenarios will see labour in opposition.

The illusion that the economy is fixed will win it for the tories and eds line about not overspending will be the final nail in the coffin for him.

My only hope now is that the lib dems get enough seats to go into coalition with the tories and that the EU referendum is run more competently than the independence one...

I remember we all had this discussion on the Indy thread. I remember you accusing me of myths when we were discussing Blair being the godfather to one of his daughters or was it grand daughter.

I think you've confused yourself for me. I'm the one that follows current affairs, and your the one who ignorantly spouts the cybernat myths. :lol:

That's your own myth of a myth. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile it's nothing to do with Salmond and the SNP having been bought by Murdoch.

I also remember a photo being posted of Ed holding the Sun.

Ed had his picture in the Sun once? Wow. :lol:

Playing the media is something very different to being owned by the media.

Salmond being bought by Murdoch is a fact proven in a court of law.

Nearly forgot to say Neil that I agree with you that Murdoch wants anyone but Ed and that Leveson is at the heart of his reasons.

Yep, you're dead right.

And he protects himself from Leveson via the SNP, who he's bought to act in his interests.

It's been proven in court!

I've not watched the interviews yet so can't comment on the bias, but I did read that the plan was to have 25% from each party and then 15%(or 20) from other parties and then 10% (or %5) undecideds.

By the look of Russy's post, that could be that the case, but people signed up under false pretences. So a defence of the BBC, but not the people who lied to get in. I think after the Farage complaint, the Beeb would be more careful.