Radio 1's Big Weekend 2015

Stuart1000

Surprised Saturday didnt take much longer than Swift day, people are obviously optimistic that the organisers havent blown their budget on the pop headliner ala 2013/2011.

Eh? 2011 and 2013 when the non-pop headliners were Foo Fighters and Biffy Clyro?

Or are you saying those are years where they didn't blow their load on the pop headliner?

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor Swift is definitely the headliner on Sunday.

Reckon we will get a few repeats from last year, as many of the acts that played are still popular, releasing music and/or on tour around that time. Sam Smith, Clean Bandit, Gorgon City, Wilkinson, Ed Sheeran and Pharrell all fit into that bracket. Think that Ella Henderson and Jess Glynne are both a shoe-in and Ollie Murs and Ellie Goulding may well turn up too. Looking at recent playlists, Circa Waves, Eveything Everything, Sigma, James Bay, Rudimental, Ben Howard, Wolf Alice, Kodaline, The Prodigy, All Time Low, Lethal Bizzle, Mallory Knox, Royal Blood and Jamie T have all got to be in the running.

There's a link on the ticket confirmation email with some info for the event which says the line up will be out 'late April'.

Fall out boy are a possibility to headline I reckon

They might be there but not big enough to headline imo. If you consider that last year it was Katy Perry and Coldplay - Taylor Swift is comparable to KP so the other headliner should be someone of the calibre of Coldplay. That's why a lot of people are thinking Foo Fighters or Mumfords.

Ed Sheeran won't be there.

Didn't check tour dates before posting but you're right, he'll be in the states.

Fall out boy are a possibility to headline I reckon

While they won't headline, I reckon they could be an opening act one day (the same way that Kings of Leon did last year) or they could even headline the second stage (given that Kasabian did it last year).

I've been looking around trying to find people who are around that week, I've found Maroon 5, 5sos and Ariana Grande at the moment (fml at the last one)

Will keep an eye out

Sugar has had a lot of radio one AirPlay so I wouldn't be surprised

I'm thinking it's got to be between Muse, Mumford & Sons or Foo Fighters, they would all be free then and would all be pretty solid choices though the Foo's already have a series of big dates all over the UK at the same time so might not be called for, same with Prodigy who will have just covered the whole country.

:lol:

I'd forgotten about that! I reckon he'll be there though, all his singles have been playlisted haven't they?

They've never stayed on it that long but yeah they all have..

Maroon 5, Ben Howard and Taylor Swift in one day would be an absolute dream, make it happen Grimmy.

Edited by Zac Quinn