Radio 1's Big Weekend 2015

Stuart1000

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Radio ones big weekend doesn't really count as a festival so no exclusives are exempt.

I'd imagine Mumford and sons are the other headliner. Foo fighters have done it too many times.. But then again that might mean that they are more likely to do it.. Knowing how r1 love to rebook the same acts.

Keep looking out for possible acts, Meghan Trainor starts her Mainland Europe leg of her tour on the 26th of May, could be possible.

Pretty sure Labrinth and Ella Henderson will show up whether invited or not, James Bay, Jess Glynne, 5SOS, Ariana and Royal Blood are probably dead certs, there's a few I'm unsure about Iggy Azalea, Jamie T, The Script, The Prodigy and Ben Howard.

Is Emeli Sande doing festivals this year? Wondering if she's going the way Adele is festival wise as I expected her to show up everywhere.

Pretty sure Labrinth and Ella Henderson will show up whether invited or not,

:lol: will rep when I'm next on my laptop.

Is Emeli Sande doing festivals this year? Wondering if she's going the way Adele is festival wise as I expected her to show up everywhere.

She's in the difficult position where her first album was so massive that anything less than a top three slot would probably look very unfair, but at the same time this follow up is so unlikely to do anything like as well that it could end up looking daft her having prominent slots. Suspect she'll do Glasto but anywhere else is doubtful.

:lol: will rep when I'm next on my laptop.She's in the difficult position where her first album was so massive that anything less than a top three slot would probably look very unfair, but at the same time this follow up is so unlikely to do anything like as well that it could end up looking daft her having prominent slots. Suspect she'll do Glasto but anywhere else is doubtful.

Poor Emeli :( I reckon she will show up at BW, not sure however, although I'm excited for new material from her.

What's Jessie J doing ATM?

What's Jessie J doing ATM?

Dunno, last I heard she was in Oz doing their version of The Voice. Radio 1 hardly play her these days anyway.

EDIT: tour dates have her conveniently ending a stint in America just in time to get back for BW, and she has European dates starting the Thursday after. Still don't think she'll be there tho.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Dunno, last I heard she was in Oz doing their version of The Voice. Radio 1 hardly play her these days anyway.

Not too fussed about seeing her again, have done 3 times and it's bit same old same old now.

As much as I'd kill for Vamps and Conor again, it ain't happening, so I'll happily settle for 5sos.

I'm guessing Sigma and Fuse ODG on second stage too, will keep an eye on the playlist :)

Not too fussed about seeing her again, have done 3 times and it's bit same old same old now.

As much as I'd kill for Vamps and Conor again, it ain't happening, so I'll happily settle for 5sos.

I'm guessing Sigma and Fuse ODG on second stage too, will keep an eye on the playlist :)

Yeah I hated Sweet Talker to the extent I wrote a review of it so not arsed whether she's there or not.

I don't get where 5SOS have suddenly come from, no idea what kind of slot they'd play.

Seen Fuse before, decent but wouldn't see again.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Yeah I hated Sweet Talker to the extent I wrote a review of it so not arsed whether she's there or not.

I don't get where 5SOS have suddenly come from, no idea what kind of slot they'd play.

Seen Fuse before, decent but wouldn't see again.

What day are you going Zac?

5sos start their UK tour the week after I think? R1 have booked them before so I reckon for likely

I did too, not a fuse fan, was just an odd set.