Kasabian

Matt42

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey justanothername, if you get into Manchester I'm strongly recommend joining the dodgeball society, being a Kasabian fan you must be good at throwing things at people and we always need new members for the freshers team

I actually mean this seriously and not a joke :P

Also if you do go to Manchester if you get a job in the union you can get tickets to any gig you want (in academy 1/2/3) for £3 so I'm sure you'll be going to lots on your own then

Edited by jonodillieono

Hey justanothername, if you get into Manchester I'm strongly recommend joining the dodgeball society, being a Kasabian fan you must be good at throwing things at people and we always need new members for the freshers team

I actually mean this seriously and not a joke :P

Also if you do go to Manchester if you get a job in the union you can get tickets to any gig you want (in academy 1/2/3) for £3 so I'm sure you'll be going to lots on your own then

I'm not a huge Kasabian fan so don't get your hopes up :lol: Also I can't throw things, in dodgeball I'd throw ball about 10 feet and then the other team would catch it and my team would shout at me and I'd walk off just thinking "meh..."

But the union thing sounds really good for me. I'll definitely have to consider it

Everyone's terrible at first there don't worry it's just a bit of fun and a nice way of meeting people, none of us take it serious or anything, it's more of a social get drunk have a laugh thing than a super serious sports team, I'd advise checking it out at least once like.

Also when applying to halls go Fallowfield, Oak House/Owen's Park are by far the most social halls and you'll actually make close friends there whereas I was in Richmond and I haven't seen any of the people I lived with in years...

Sorry for taking over the thread, for some reason I've got a thing for giving info to people wanting to go to UoM...

I just don't like how a selection of people dislike the band for the crowd they draw in... I mean, fair enough if you don't enjoy the music (which I can't quite work out why you wouldn't enjoy it), but because there's a few w*nkers in the crowd, shouldn't stop you from enjoying them.

It's an odd thing as the whole reason I'd imagine anyone being bothered by the crowd would be violence and disruption. I can't recall any reports of Kasabian toward that nature yet they're the band most strongly labelled so. And it's probably the same for a couple more acts. Maybe just some sort of class discrimination.

I don't think that's true Will. Plenty of people say worse crap and are completely deluded about their favourite bands being bigger than they are and don't attract downvotes. Kasabian are widely sneered at. I think Tom would've flown under the radar if he didn't draw attention to sending his Glasto ticket back to watch Kasabian for a 20th time or so though. :P

And for my opinion on Kasabian's Reading headline set, I'll just put it out there that it was the worst Kasabian set I've seen to date...

That;s interesting as I personally don't like them at all but when I was dragged to see them at Reading by friends, I admit freely that I thought it was great fun - their live show is great and really gets the crowd going. That weekend, I felt they were even better than Foo's were (granted I was unwell on the Sunday).

Tom, people don't downvote you for liking Kasabian (plenty of people on here like them and don't get downvoted); it's because you post annoying shit like "I can't quite work out why you wouldn't enjoy it", seconds after complaining about people judging others' music taste.

And you post on the official Muse forums.

ewwww official muse forums

r.i.p muselive :(

I don't think that's true Will. Plenty of people say worse crap and are completely deluded about their favourite bands being bigger than they are and don't attract downvotes. Kasabian are widely sneered at. I think Tom would've flown under the radar if he didn't draw attention to sending his Glasto ticket back to watch Kasabian for a 20th time or so though. :P

Okay maybe that isn't the reason, but it's the reason his posts annoy me. I don't see Matt Davies or tourette/jump (whichever likes Kasabian) getting loads of downvotes, because their posts aren't annoying at all.

All I know is I can get half way through a post and think "Jesus christ shut up", and confidently guess that the poster is either Tom Wells or Zac Quinn. I'm guessing that this is the same for other people and is the reason they both get lots of downvotes (as I be said elsewhere, I don't do the downvoting, but I've never been surprised by their low rep).

Apologies that I'm coming across as an arse lately but the festive period brings all my hate out.

Okay maybe that isn't the reason, but it's the reason his posts annoy me. I don't see Matt Davies or tourette/jump (whichever likes Kasabian) getting loads of downvotes, because their posts aren't annoying at all.

All I know is I can get half way through a post and think "Jesus christ shut up", and confidently guess that the poster is either Tom Wells or Zac Quinn. I'm guessing that this is the same for other people and is the reason they both get lots of downvotes (as I be said elsewhere, I don't do the downvoting, but I've never been surprised by their low rep).

Apologies that I'm coming across as an arse lately but the festive period brings all my hate out.

Look at their posts on the 'Reputation' part of their profile though. Unsurprising if it's something divisive but there are just random posts by either getting downvoted.

I would say it's the same for Matt but even if he posts something that everyone would agree with, he makes out like it's something nobody would agree with and that's kinda annoying.

Edited by dentalplan

Look at their posts on the 'Reputation' part of their profile though. Unsurprising if it's something divisive but there are just random posts by either getting downvoted.

I would say it's the same for Matt but even if he posts something that everyone would agree with, he makes out like it's something nobody would agree with and that's kinda annoying.

Random posts across the forum get downvoted for lots of people, but yeah, sometimes it does look like people get targeted for downvoting.

I don't think people really try and target Matt that much. Always seems like appropriate ridicule to me.

I just had a look at Tom's reputation. Some of it did seem for the hell of it, but a lot of them were in posts where he mentioned downvoting. If people start talking about their own reputation I tend to downvote it, as I don't want to be on a forum where people just talk about their forum cred.

For all Matt's idiocy he still tries to participate in and generate discussion about music and festival lineups.