Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

There is almost no trance on site, sadly. As I've wanged on about already, this year appears to mark the death of the traditional, and hugely popular, night of psytrance at the Glade (formerly Glade Lounge, more recently the Dome). In terms of more 'normal' trance, I've never been aware of any conspicuous programming of trance. The slight exception would be KI/KI who played a pretty (tech)trance set on The Levels last year (and it was mega!). 

But, I'm afraid, for whatever reasons, GFL and/or the area curators just don't see trance as a genre that they want to represent. 

Do you like DnB? If yes, you'll be like a pig in sh*t! 

😆

Ben

Yeah I'm sure I stumbled across some psy Trance in the Glade one year but was only passing through and didn't hang around, I didn't realise it was a regular thing.

Unfortunately DnB doesn't do it for me and it's all I seem to hear as I wander around the various areas. 

50 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I've been going to Glasto since 2014 and noticed that there is never any Trance represented (or very little as far as I can tell anyway, but admittedly I may not recognise the names of up and coming artists). Having grown up in that late 90s early 2000s golden era and attending  Godskitchen/Gatecrasher etc I've always hoped that one of the areas would cater for some Trance. Was it ever represented and do we think it ever will be? Surely a good old classics set would go down a treat in somewhere like Glade dome or maybe Lonely Hearts Club. 

1000% give me sets from Lange, Matt Darey, M.I.K.E Push

• Like 1

Went to HAAi's Unison event on Saturday at the Cause and wow , she absolutely smashed it!  , as did Leon Vynehall's set beforehand! Both would be a welcome addition to the line up as always and i'm fairly sure she'll turn up somewhere (genosys?) The Cause has defintiely gotten much better as a venue too, so would definitely reccomend if you haven't been recently - I assume it's a work in progress as the lighting and layout have changed a fair bit since i last went in October. It's now got a Fabric-esque upper deck/balcony bit overlooking the main floor and booth, which is pretty cool for the view and for an escape from the utter sweatbox down below 😄

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

1000% give me sets from Lange, Matt Darey, M.I.K.E Push

Agreed. I've always wanted to do Luminosity and it always clashes with Glasto! The day I don't get Glasto tickets I'm going! 

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

Erol Alkan just announced 3 sets at Glastonbury in his instagram although no other details he said these are to come but with SH probably about to announce I’m predicting a LHC set 

Great news, saw him at another festival last summer and he killed it.

Also hoping Denis Sulta pops up again - killed it at the glade last year

1 hour ago, Barneym said:

Erol Alkan just announced 3 sets at Glastonbury in his instagram although no other details he said these are to come but with SH probably about to announce I’m predicting a LHC set 

I wonder if one of those might be with Daniel Avery, as DA is on EA's Phantasy Sound label...

Ben

On 4/27/2024 at 6:31 PM, gfa said:

Theres word he’s on arcadia i think

—-

booked my first bangface yesterday! looking forward to it although kind of sad its not in that pontins anymore bit worried as i’m basically a guinea pig for the new butlins venue (worried it could be full of security, bad vibe etc). Butlins far nearer at least!

anyone got good stories??

I went to my first Bangface last year, my god that place is alot of fun. I obviously cannot speak for the new venue, but i highly believe that Bangface woudlnt have chosen it if they didnt think it would suit them in eveyr aspect such as security, good vibe, space, etc.

I think the festival itselt has such a cult following, it could only be good vibes, as the people who come to it are really friendly, and staying in the chalets is such a laugh and probably half the fun of it.

A funny story from my time last year was on the sunday night, and i must say by then i was lacking in some minerals and energy and had taken myself back to the chalet with a few others to have a little refresh and think about packing up some stuff ready to leave in the morning, at this time it was about 3/4 am and we were winding down smoking some hash listening to some more day i say listenable music to what is on offer in then festival rooms. Next thing you know someone loudly bangs on the door, which makes us all jump, i went to the door and someone says "HELP!!, you lot need to get out here quickly..." So 3 of us got out on to the walkway thinking something bad that happened, next thing you know were being attacked by an army of space invaders and we had been chosen to destroy them. We were given a bucket full of water bombs to throw at these people dressed up in space invader costumes. We obviously got fully into it and went ham on them and managed to take them all down ahhaha. It was the perfect ending to an incredible weekend and i felt my come down dissappeared after it.  

The highlight set of the weekend for me was seeing Dexorcist play some of the best electro ive ever heard at 12:30pm, so i was feeling nice and fresh which might have added to that. 

I decided not to get a ticket for this years, thinking it would be in its orginal date at its original location as had plans already in place, but now it has moved i have jumped back on board and have managed to get a bed in a friends chalet.

Hope that helps with excitement 🙂

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Any one else downed tools at work and twiddling there thumbs.... waiting for Silver Hayes

Refreshing Instagram every 2 minutes incase the notification hasn’t come through…

2 hours ago, MadDog29 said:

I went to my first Bangface last year, my god that place is alot of fun. I obviously cannot speak for the new venue, but i highly believe that Bangface woudlnt have chosen it if they didnt think it would suit them in eveyr aspect such as security, good vibe, space, etc.

I think the festival itselt has such a cult following, it could only be good vibes, as the people who come to it are really friendly, and staying in the chalets is such a laugh and probably half the fun of it.

A funny story from my time last year was on the sunday night, and i must say by then i was lacking in some minerals and energy and had taken myself back to the chalet with a few others to have a little refresh and think about packing up some stuff ready to leave in the morning, at this time it was about 3/4 am and we were winding down smoking some hash listening to some more day i say listenable music to what is on offer in then festival rooms. Next thing you know someone loudly bangs on the door, which makes us all jump, i went to the door and someone says "HELP!!, you lot need to get out here quickly..." So 3 of us got out on to the walkway thinking something bad that happened, next thing you know were being attacked by an army of space invaders and we had been chosen to destroy them. We were given a bucket full of water bombs to throw at these people dressed up in space invader costumes. We obviously got fully into it and went ham on them and managed to take them all down ahhaha. It was the perfect ending to an incredible weekend and i felt my come down dissappeared after it.  

The highlight set of the weekend for me was seeing Dexorcist play some of the best electro ive ever heard at 12:30pm, so i was feeling nice and fresh which might have added to that. 

I decided not to get a ticket for this years, thinking it would be in its orginal date at its original location as had plans already in place, but now it has moved i have jumped back on board and have managed to get a bed in a friends chalet.

Hope that helps with excitement 🙂

This is exactly what i was looking for! Glad to hear you could make it, while its a fair bit more money at Butlins its still quite cheap for what you get really and its a LOT nearer to London!

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Michael Bibi fulfil the slot he had to pull out from last year. That'd be a nice continuation of his recovery story

would be dangerously rammed i think

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GmasterWomble said:

Great news, saw him at another festival last summer and he killed it.

Also hoping Denis Sulta pops up again - killed it at the glade last year

Can't remember if it was Ewan McVicar on before or after him, nevertheless the pair of them made for a brilliant Thursday Evening. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

Can't remember if it was Ewan McVicar on before or after him, nevertheless the pair of them made for a brilliant Thursday Evening. 

Yes, Ewan McVicar was on after him. Was a great couple of sets. 

25 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

P.H.W.O.A.R

Mega lineup, but gonna miss over half of these with clashes as usual 🥲

Incredible line up, SH vs SEC when it comes to the crowds will be very interesting this year 

Just now, AndyL16 said:

Incredible line up, SH vs SEC when it comes to the crowds will be very interesting this year 

SEC always wins imo. It goes on later & people flock there much more imo.

Every year we think SH has got killer lineups, but the fact it finishes at 3, leads the crowds to go to SEC if they know they are gonna want to keep partying past that curfew. People are less in the mood for a 30-40 min trek at 3:00am

SH always wins for a Sunday night for me though, I'm not gonna stay up all night & just get that last dance in before saying goodbye.