Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

What would people describe the IICON music policy as? Feel like I'm reasonably well up on my electronic music and can't really place it. Realise it's on the harder side but feel like a lot of "smaller" artists booked there compared with the Genosys SS. However much I love hearing new music at festivals, I'd personally love for some of the bigger Block9 hitters playing there this year 

17 minutes ago, frozenfish said:

What would people describe the IICON music policy as? Feel like I'm reasonably well up on my electronic music and can't really place it. Realise it's on the harder side but feel like a lot of "smaller" artists booked there compared with the Genosys SS. However much I love hearing new music at festivals, I'd personally love for some of the bigger Block9 hitters playing there this year 

Its a broad range of genres really. I’d say they’ve been getting steadily less niche/underground bit by bit since it got going. Probably feeling out what size of acts draw the right size crowd…

Edited by Twiggy553

1 hour ago, frozenfish said:

I'd say it's mainly the more avant garde and less mainstream side of electronica with a handful of more recognised names from the world of techno and DnB. I don't see the policy changing too much. If you're looking for something a little more accessible, fingers crossed the rebirth of Genosys will scratch that itch! 

2 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d9dde84504973a39ea4f0ed2be32334b.jpeg

This is lively! They'll never forget this night!

I can't tell you how utterly depressing I find this picture! For me this is just about the antithesis of everything I want when I go out dancing 🤪

Ben

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I can't tell you how utterly depressing I find this picture! For me this is just about the antithesis of everything I want when I go out dancing 🤪

Ben

My thoughts exactly. It’s horrendous being in amongst all this filming, really kills the vibe.

2 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

My thoughts exactly. It’s horrendous being in amongst all this filming, really kills the vibe.

One of the (many, many) reasons my night at FOLD in Feb was so fantastic. Stickers on phone cameras and everyone just there for the music. Wish it was like that everywhere in the U.K.  

Ben

2 minutes ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

Yeah that can get in the sea.

I've still to crack late night Glasto - are any of the areas this kind of vibe? And by "vibe" I mean raging bin fire.

Probably the Temple. Friday night has been quite banging techno the last few years

Edited by Twiggy553

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

One of the (many, many) reasons my night at FOLD in Feb was so fantastic. Stickers on phone cameras and everyone just there for the music. Wish it was like that everywhere in the U.K.  

Ben

Its been really common at Fetish raves for years, cool that it seems to be transitioning across

Edited by Twiggy553
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 5:10 PM, Twiggy553 said:

Its a broad range of genres really. I’d say they’ve been getting steadily less niche/underground bit by bit since it got going. Probably feeling out what size of acts draw the right size crowd…

This sort of thing

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 3:08 PM, Semprini said:

With regards to Prydz, he's seems to play pretty much the same festivals each year - Tomorrowland, Creamfields - but agree that his production doesn't lend itself well to any of the stages at Glasto.

I couldn’t find any recent mentions of Prydz (apologies if I have missed it). Does the fact he is in Cardiff around the time make any sort of appearance remotely likely? 

2 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

Oh is that you meant by wanting some tougher acts to follow 😜

Ha. Kids were hoping for Sunday tickets to see Coldplay, sold out so we had to settle for the Friday.

Think Prydz et al will be hard enough for them, don’t think they’re quite ready for Amelie Lens just yet. 

25 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Ha. Kids were hoping for Sunday tickets to see Coldplay, sold out so we had to settle for the Friday.

Think Prydz et al will be hard enough for them, don’t think they’re quite ready for Amelie Lens just yet. 

Mine is 5 and mostly likes rock and metal. Anything with good electric guitars. Bonus points if the lead singer has died by misadventure or killed themselves. (Both of which are surprisingly common)

he does like Little Simz, Uncle Max (Cooper), and Bonobo though 😅

Edited by Twiggy553

He also now thinks the Troubles in Northern Ireland was a war fought by Zombies after i made a ham-fisted attempt at explaining the Cranberries song to him 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Twiggy553

On 3/22/2024 at 7:21 PM, Grinding aftertaste said:

Yeah that can get in the sea.

I've still to crack late night Glasto - are any of the areas this kind of vibe? And by "vibe" I mean raging bin fire.

On 3/22/2024 at 7:23 PM, Twiggy553 said:

Probably the Temple. Friday night has been quite banging techno the last few years

Not sure he they meant what was good - meant where to avoid which is bad with phones

which is generally nowhere @Grinding aftertaste

Some places are worse for it than others, but its generally very good at glasto vs almost every other festival / club in the UK. Its specific acts you need to avoid more than anything, for instance on Park Peggy Gou will be phone city no doubt but then say Orbital will be fine

On 3/24/2024 at 11:42 AM, Twiggy553 said:

He also now thinks the Troubles in Northern Ireland was a war fought by Zombies after i made a ham-fisted attempt at explaining the Cranberries song to him 🤦‍♂️

That's gonna be an interesting future parent's evening 😂

On 3/24/2024 at 9:15 AM, DJL said:

I couldn’t find any recent mentions of Prydz (apologies if I have missed it). Does the fact he is in Cardiff around the time make any sort of appearance remotely likely? 

The fact he's in the vicinity definitely improves the chances of it happening. I think the most likely place he would play if he does is Arcadia. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I think you're right. But how sweet it would be on either Levels or the Temple 🙏🏼

Too big for either of them stages I'd imagine - the fact he's not on a bigger stage like Park or Other stage, Arcadia feels like the only other safe option to prevent overcrowding, IICON maybe? maybe a Cirez D set? - I'll be in dreamland if he gets announced