Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Live? Twice. West Holts in 2011 and headlined Other in 2013, and got a decent crowd up against the Stones. DJ sets, loads of times. The b2bs with Carl Cox in 2022 and Skrillex in 2013, both on Arcadia, are legendary

Ah yeah sorry I meant live, knew they’d DJ’d recently.

So it would be 13 years since they did WH, could be a goer.

Although that said I don’t know if their shows are only DJ sets atm. 

1 hour ago, gordong said:

Think this is pretty close to a self confirm. 

Foo Fighters - Best of You playing in the background. 

I’m quite sure that text at the bottom says “THE BEST ONE”.

Feel like only answer is Glastonbury…

IMG_7009.png

He says later in his story that it was a mistake the text at bottom. So the question is what was his first festival?

likely R+L as don’t remember him mentioning glasto being his first. And plural. 

Edited by danbailey80

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Ah yeah sorry I meant live, knew they’d DJ’d recently.

So it would be 13 years since they did WH, could be a goer.

Although that said I don’t know if their shows are only DJ sets atm. 

They've done a couple live shows recently, but yeah, it's pretty much DJ sets. Maybe that'll even up a bit with the impending album release? 

I definitely think the WH headline slot is a possibility.

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

They've done a couple live shows recently, but yeah, it's pretty much DJ sets. Maybe that'll even up a bit with the impending album release? 

I definitely think the WH headline slot is a possibility.

Yeah I think the WHP and Drumshed sets next year are live shows so maybe they’ll move more to that next year. 

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

He says later in his story that it was a mistake the text at bottom. So the question is what was his first festival?

likely R+L as don’t remember him mentioning glasto being his first. And plural. 

Its gotta be R&L imo. I think the words at the bottom of the screen are just the song lyrics. Also, barely anyones first fest is glasto and nearly everyones first fest is Reading so...

Chase and status headlined the other stage the same year as rolling stones I think. Edit just seen someone else mentioned that. They are fantastic live but a bit generic when it comes to DJ sets.

Justice would be great, seen them loads of times live/DJ sets (as far back as Our Disco in 2007) but hard to see them somewhat coming from nowhere to headline the other.

I didn't get tickets for 2017 but remember watching the West Holts set live on telly and it was amazing even then.

Can't stand the overhype of Fred Again. The end of Chvrches got a bit ruined by everyone piling in from Foos to see him. Then listening back afterwards, his set was pretty underwhelming all things considered.

I'd expect soulwax live set somewhere, possibly Woodsies headliner or even West Holts given they are touring again.

Edited by dcsessions

8 hours ago, dcsessions said:

Chase and status headlined the other stage the same year as rolling stones I think. Edit just seen someone else mentioned that. They are fantastic live but a bit generic when it comes to DJ sets.

Justice would be great, seen them loads of times live/DJ sets (as far back as Our Disco in 2007) but hard to see them somewhat coming from nowhere to headline the other.

I didn't get tickets for 2017 but remember watching the West Holts set live on telly and it was amazing even then.

Can't stand the overhype of Fred Again. The end of Chvrches got a bit ruined by everyone piling in from Foos to see him. Then listening back afterwards, his set was pretty underwhelming all things considered.

I'd expect soulwax live set somewhere, possibly Woodsies headliner or even West Holts given they are touring again.

That Fred Again set this year is a funny one. For me, it was less about the music (seemingly endless phone recorded video messages over melodic hooks and drum loops) and more about being amongst the euphoric atmosphere. I'm being overly facetious about his generic musical style, and it's easy to criticise something that becomes popular in such a short space of time, but it really seems to resonate with the kids. I lost count of how many people were brought to tears by the emotional messages in those tunes, they obviously really connect with it. Being a few rows back from the front, surrounded by thousands of people in tears, on shoulders, hugging strangers, having a real Glastonbury moment was actually quite special. It might not exactly be my brand of electronica but there's a real connection between the people and the music, and that connection is one of the foundations of this genre that we love.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That Fred Again set this year is a funny one. For me, it was less about the music (seemingly endless phone recorded video messages over melodic hooks and drum loops) and more about being amongst the euphoric atmosphere. I'm being overly facetious about his generic musical style, and it's easy to criticise something that becomes popular in such a short space of time, but it really seems to resonate with the kids. I lost count of how many people were brought to tears by the emotional messages in those tunes, they obviously really connect with it. Being a few rows back from the front, surrounded by thousands of people in tears, on shoulders, hugging strangers, having a real Glastonbury moment was actually quite special. It might not exactly be my brand of electronica but there's a real connection between the people and the music, and that connection is one of the foundations of this genre that we love.

It was the same at his Ally Pally gigs.

People just love him, his enthusiasm is infectious.

14 hours ago, gordong said:

Think this is pretty close to a self confirm. 

Foo Fighters - Best of You playing in the background. 

I’m quite sure that text at the bottom says “THE BEST ONE”.

Feel like only answer is Glastonbury…

IMG_7009.png

R&L board has known Fred is one for a while - its defo there

14 minutes ago, nikkic said:

It was the same at his Ally Pally gigs.

People just love him, his enthusiasm is infectious.

his APE slot last year was one of the best shows i've seen - full strangers hugging action for billie at the end

been all downhill from there seeing him show wise for me!

25 minutes ago, gfa said:

his APE slot last year was one of the best shows i've seen - full strangers hugging action for billie at the end

Yeah, upon further inspection, definitely agree it’s Reading and Leeds. Saw something that suggested there was an announcement tonight on Radio 1 for R&L. 

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

I took my break for that set and had to leave slightly before the end! 

His Glasto set was a thing of beauty too, imo.

Yes, Fred's Other Stage set was one of THE most euphoric Glastonbury moments for me (though being at the barricade surrounded by die-hards was a big part of this). I'm simultaneously eager for him to play again and resigned that you can never really recreate that feeling.

And I'm more of a metal than dance fan anyway, my first festival was Download 😆

1 hour ago, BookAngel said:

Yes, Fred's Other Stage set was one of THE most euphoric Glastonbury moments for me (though being at the barricade surrounded by die-hards was a big part of this). I'm simultaneously eager for him to play again and resigned that you can never really recreate that feeling.

And I'm more of a metal than dance fan anyway, my first festival was Download 😆

I think the big thing is he'd toured very sparsely in the UK before that slot - for many people it was their first time seeing him, you don't often get that

On 11/21/2023 at 2:08 PM, stanh said:

Anyone in need of some afternoon viewing, strongly recommend this. Was such a good set! 

What are the chances of them being there next year on one of the big stages? seen that they're doing the rounds massively this year with their live sets. Would be amazing!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, cgall said:

What are the chances of them being there next year on one of the big stages? seen that they're doing the rounds massively this year with their live sets. Would be amazing!

Really hoping to see them there, would say West Holts or Park seem most likely if they do pop up

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, cgall said:

Would love to see them and Barry Can’t Swim get a shot on a main stage. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, dcsessions said:

Chase & Status DJ sets are terrible now. They put zero effort into it. Such a shame as they were great.