Sack Truck on Offer next week in Aldi

Guest dondo

Just spotted this on Aldi's special buys for 16th of October

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-16-october/product-detail/ps/p/industrial-hand-truck-1/

W42_PD_Thursday_New_UL42_881a12f4ac.jpg

Doesn't look too bad for £19.99

Suspiciously photoshopped picture though. If the paving slabs fit to the inside of the wheels on the near side, they'd be rubbing against the wheel on the far side. Maybe just done so you can see the wheels properly.

Do these things go in the back of the car?

Trade in your mini. If these are the ones I've seen previously, then the frame doesn't slide down, and only the bottom bit folds up, so I think it will be too long to go sideways in cars, but fit better if the rear seats go down. Check out Aldi's site for dimensions. They did an alternative which is heavy, but the frame shortens, the ledge swivels up and it has the wheel pyramid for going over steps. Great for moving washing machines, but a bugger for moving round Worthy Farm.

Trade in your mini. If these are the ones I've seen previously, then the frame doesn't slide down, and only the bottom bit folds up, so I think it will be too long to go sideways in cars, but fit better if the rear seats go down. Check out Aldi's site for dimensions. They did an alternative which is heavy, but the frame shortens, the ledge swivels up and it has the wheel pyramid for going over steps. Great for moving washing machines, but a bugger for moving round Worthy Farm.

Nice one.

Im going alone next year and I only fancy 1 trip so a decent barrow or trolley may be purchased

To me, that looks like a standard 'P Handled' sack truck. It will not fold up. The picture is definitely photoshopped.....the slabs if loaded would sit proud of both wheels.

They are , in my opinion(and I have had quite some experience of using them on an almost daily basis), a brilliantly designed, sturdy all terrain truck and at that price a total bargain. the cheapest I can buy them for is £25.00 and places like Screwfix usually sell them for about £40.

Go on, treat yourselves. :)

Be careful. That one looks suspiciously like the new one we had and the wheels fell off after about 100 yards, the tent next to us had the same problem and a few others from the things I read. If you get one, I'd suggest you replace the nuts that pull the wheel together with nylock ones or at the very least make sure they're very tight. Oh and don't forget to check out the flimsiest split pins I've ever seen.

You have been warned :)

Edited by whisty

2015 will be my first glastonbury (I know, I'm 32!!) and already I am planning for convinience. Not taking loads of things (ie; crates of cider) as I plan to save up and buy there. But I am looking at the easiest way to get things from the car to the camping area. Any suggestions?

2015 will be my first glastonbury (I know, I'm 32!!) and already I am planning for convinience. Not taking loads of things (ie; crates of cider) as I plan to save up and buy there. But I am looking at the easiest way to get things from the car to the camping area. Any suggestions?

If you're not taking loads of things use your legs and your arms :-)

Be careful. That one looks suspiciously like the new one we had and the wheels fell off after about 100 yards, the tent next to us had the same problem and a few others from the things I read. If you get one, I'd suggest you replace the nuts that pull the wheel together with nylock ones or at the very least make sure they're very tight. Oh and don't forget to check out the flimsiest split pins I've ever seen.

You have been warned :)

Just goes to show that you should do your research on eFests first. Here is one of my posts on a similar previous thread re sack trucks

"I use sack trucks (trollies) just about every day for work and these are brilliant. Top tip...tighten up the nuts and bolts in the wheel rims before use or they can come undone in which case the wheel will collapse, writing it off. I've got three, my favourite one is slightly modded. I've extended the axle so it has two wheels each side and welded a triangular sheet of steel into the triangular bit that carries the axle to stop it collapsing under heavy load. :)"

;)

The thread http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/183770-barrowtrolley/

Those sack trucks are ok until you puncture the tyres. I'm a removals man and I gave up with those ones after many tyres were victim to drawings pins on office floors. I wouldn't put my trust in them across the Glastonbury landscape!

I've been using a similar sack truck from B&Q since about 2008 and I've never had a puncture.

I did have the wheel nut problem mentioned above a couple of years back, but I noticed quickly enough to save it. Now I just make sure they're tight each year, and I carry spare split pins just in case.

I brought one of these to Glastonbury this year, only mine was larger;

content-banners-showroom-wheelbarrow1.jp

I packed it up to the hilt and beyond. I soon found out that I couldn't actually push it for any great distance. Step in the bloke whose aim it was to do a range of drugs starting with the letter A and eventually ending at those beginning with a Z whilst at the festival. To cut a long story short, he soldiered away at pushing that wheelbarrow for greater distances than I had managed to do. And he seemed to always get the uphill bits ( I owe you one DN).

When we approached the gates I was pushing the barrow. One steward gave me gold for having the largest wheelbarrow and load she had seen so far that day ( fnaar). It was with great pride that I continued to push that wheelbarrow then. Only to be completely demoralised when another steward further along gave me silver. He said he'd seen one similarly sized and loaded to mine, but that the gold winners had a child perched precariously on the top of their load.

I never stood a chance - overall gold was within my grasp, but somebody blindsided me by playing the 'we're going to kill the baby if we're not careful' joker card.

Buy two and bolt them together and you have one of my Glastomobiles (this one is two B&Q sack trucks).

2jeuzi0.jpg

Advantage: Four wheels so you can stop and take a break without everything toppling off.

Disadvantage: doesn't dis-assemble so has to be taken in one piece either in a big-ish estate car or on a roof rack.

Edited by grumpyhack

Buy two and bolt them together and you have one of my Glastomobiles (this one is two B&Q sack trucks).

2jeuzi0.jpg

Advantage: Four wheels so you can stop and take a break without everything toppling off.

Disadvantage: doesn't dis-assemble so has to be taken in one piece either in a big-ish estate car or on a roof rack.

Ooh that's a nice bit of kit.

To me, that looks like a standard 'P Handled' sack truck. It will not fold up. The picture is definitely photoshopped.....the slabs if loaded would sit proud of both wheels.

They are , in my opinion(and I have had quite some experience of using them on an almost daily basis), a brilliantly designed, sturdy all terrain truck and at that price a total bargain. the cheapest I can buy them for is £25.00 and places like Screwfix usually sell them for about £40.

Go on, treat yourselves. :)

I agree, I've had one for about 7 years - I bought mine off a car boot sale for £15, almost indestructible (luckily enough not to have a puncture)

buy some cling film to strap all your crap on and make it waterproof + a washing line for added strength and yer sorted.

One of the best sack trolleys out there 10/10

just to add, the P shape handle can be good on grass! where by the handle can act like a wheel, lie it down (similar to the groovy 4 wheel design trolley above) and push the handle glides across the land , untill you hit a bump or something, I recon if you get some speed up it would be almost unstoppable*

*not true, your shit goes every where, hence the advice on the washing line

Edited by wweerr208