Secret 'Arena' Band

Spud001

Blink, you me at six, all time low, sleeping with sirens, a day to remember, tonight alive, the story so far.

I've never seen a reading day so catered to a specific group of music fans in my life.

If it wasn't for the NME it would probably be the worst day at reading ever.

602__image_091.jpg

If it is on Sunday my best bet will be the Cure. Hear me out: Blink-182's setlist this summer has consistently included "All of this - feat Robert Smith" for the first time since they played Robert Smith ten years ago in the UK. Also when they did play it back then it was followed by a cover of "Boys don't cry." This summer it has also been followed by a cover but so far of a Misfits song perhaps to avoid raising suspicion. I don't know where the Cure is located this weekend perhaps someone can tell me but they are headlining Riot Fest across the pond at the start next month. A small Reading set would be a perfect warm up.

Except Robert Smith hasn't played on that song with them on tour this year so why would he (and the rest of The Cure) bother turning up at Reading?

Except Robert Smith hasn't played on that song with them on tour this year so why would he (and the rest of The Cure) bother turning up at Reading?

but don't you see, they've been concealing it with a Misfits cover all the while leading up to him coming on stage with them at R&L!!!

Hahaha alright yes I am clutching at straws since they're my favourite band and I've been hoping they play again since 2012.

beau why would he tour Europe with them to play two songs. I'm saying perhaps he arranged this with blink and at the same time thought might as well ask to do a secret set while I'm there. I like to think my suggestion has more evidence than just the lead singer of All Time Low being in the same country. Just throwing an idea out there go easy on the newbie pls. Although if it is ATL this will be my first and last time at Reading.

True but that's more than likely because the stage is going to finish a few hours earlier than the others.

Would agree with you if it was one or two band difference, but four seems significant to me. This is entirely speculative though, hopefully when we see the set times for the lower stages there will be an obvious clue...

Since they started doing the Rock Stage they've had a bit of disparity between the days. Plus it was predicted that the day would be shorter early on. They wouldn't put a secret set in the Lock Up anyway, even if it was Metro Station they wouldn't.

frank turner done a secret set on the lock up one year. so did nofx...