Muse

eldest300

I'm loving the sound of this new album! In my opinion the production on The Resistance and The Second Law had been absolutely spectacular and the songs haven't been that bad either, despite the hate. I am genuinely exited because they'll be able to focus on the production of guitars, drums and bass rather than having to concentrate on other instruments as well. Should be pretty interesting with the World War Three theme.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that the new album is a return to form and that they never return to producing dismal shite like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydPQvW7Yft0

I'd rather they produce something I detest than something so overwhelmingly mediocre. Bellamy has a bit of a habit of making outlandish claims before the album which never come to fruition when the record comes out. I hope that this time they go through with what he has been saying.

He's said before the past two albums they were stripping back down but I think this time they actually will,there isn't much further they can go to be fair.I did love the last album though.I thought it was an absolute beast.I've yet to be genuinely disappointed by any album but will admit that The resistance wasn't as good as it could be.

I genuinely like the way Muse have gone.They've grown,matured and kept things fresh.I don't see the point in pigeonholing yourself to just one thing.Too often bands play it safe and end up calling it a day just because there's not much else to do...ironic though that they are doing the same thing lol.

I genuinely like the way Muse have gone.They've grown,matured and kept things fresh.I don't see the point in pigeonholing yourself to just one thing.Too often bands play it safe and end up calling it a day just because there's not much else to do...ironic though that they are doing the same thing lol.

Fresh does not equal good

I just judge an album on its own merits,I don't see the point in holding it up against previous efforts or it just seems like you are setting it up for a fail.I may have albums I prefer but as long as I'm happy with the album then I consider that a success.

It's like dating,I'm sure one ex had her good and bad points but you can't hold them up against some bench mark or the perfect girlfriend you know?

By who?People on the internet in music forums?

Their sales and chart performance have improved with each album which suggests the newer albums are better received.

hmm not really getting your point here. people don't buy an album because it's good - they buy it because they liked the bands previous material and are hoping to enjoy the new stuff. just because Muse' record sales are improving doesn't mean their music is (and also, Absolution and BH&R both went 3x platinum, The Resistance just 2, and The 2nd Law just 1, meaning their popularity is actually dwindling with each album)

hmm not really getting your point here. people don't buy an album because it's good - they buy it because they liked the bands previous material and are hoping to enjoy the new stuff. just because Muse' record sales are improving doesn't mean their music is (and also, Absolution and BH&R both went 3x platinum, The Resistance just 2, and The 2nd Law just 1, meaning their popularity is actually dwindling with each album)

On your last point, that might just be because of how long it's been available. :P

Simples !

Aleksandr_1461407c.jpg

That's fucking frightening when it's not moving.

Edited by dentalplan

A quick look around suggests their sales have increased worldwide as time has gone on.Their reputation and size of gigs has grown.

Muse are bigger and better than ever.

Just because Muse aren't the Muse you want doesn't mean they are in a decline.I don't like the way Kings of Leon turned out after their first two albums but I can still appreciate they are bigger than they ever were.

A quick look around suggests their sales have increased worldwide as time has gone on.Their reputation and size of gigs has grown.

Muse are bigger and better than ever.

Just because Muse aren't the Muse you want doesn't mean they are in a decline.I don't like the way Kings of Leon turned out after their first two albums but I can still appreciate they are bigger than they ever were.

Muse's peak popularity wise was BH&R. the singles from that album charted the best. the album has sold the best. just because they went on to play bigger venues whilst touring their later albums does not make those albums better or more popular - the success of BH&R (and what came before it) led to those bigger venues

Kings of Leon's peak was in 2009 with Only By The Night. they have also been in slight decline since then

And they sold less tickets in the UK portion of the 2nd law stadium tour than they had on the resistance tour as they didn't sell out and there was technically less tickets avaliable. ( Reistance UK Stadiums. 245,000 potential tickets, sold out. 2nd Law UK staidums: 212,000 potential tickets, not sold out and Resistance tour also had festival dates..). So people do seem to be losing intrest in them.

They seem bigger, as all the fucking twilight fans are "super massive Muse fans " now but haven't actually bothered with the albums or anything outside of twilight songs. Did make them bigger in America mind.

yeah they seem to be getting pretty big in America. headlining Coachella twice in five years was a weird one! but interest in them has definitely gone down in the UK, which has probably got a lot to do with the direction they're taking / the choice of singles. i imagine the lack of big sing along anthems on The 2nd Law lost a lot of the casual fans

The BH&R singles also still seem to go down the best live (plus a few others, like Uprising, Plug in Baby and Time is Running Out). Agree with FloorFiller - that was when they peaked commercially. Three mega-singles on that album. The two albums since have arguably only produced one each.

I feel Muse are a band which get big, then go away and 'fade into obscurity' then successfully come back big again.

I remember before the Resistance and The Second Law they had dipped in popularity a bit.

well yeah obviously all acts go off people's radars when they're not touring or promoting a latest album. Mumford & Sons were the biggest band in the world a year ago and now the idea that they headlined seems almost ludicrous because they've just dropped off the radar

there's no doubt about it that the hype between Absolution and BH&R was the greatest though. Absolution was a massive album with massive singles and was the first album in which they'd headlined a festival off the back of, so demand for BH&R was naturally huge

well yeah obviously all acts go off people's radars when they're not touring or promoting a latest album. Mumford & Sons were the biggest band in the world a year ago and now the idea that they headlined seems almost ludicrous because they've just dropped off the radar

there's no doubt about it that the hype between Absolution and BH&R was the greatest though. Absolution was a massive album with massive singles and was the first album in which they'd headlined a festival off the back of, so demand for BH&R was naturally huge

Mumfords may be off the radar now, but second they drop a new single they will definitely be 'back', if that's how you phrase it.