Muse

eldest300

I thought that gig was an improvement on the Manchester Arena show the year before (where they basically missed out all my favourites) and I was delighted to hear Bliss and Dead Star, but there was still so much shit they could have cut out. I mean what was that first encore?

Agree as went to that show too and the 2 weeks later the summer arena tour was announced which is why I didn't initially buy tickets as too soon and something lacking in the MEN but so glad I went... yeah there were some lulls but you get that with any gig I thought the flow of the set was brilliant and enjoyed it immensely :)

Here is set list for Manchester gig:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2013/etihad-stadium-manchester-england-2bd98c96.html

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love Muse, "Musers" can be right friggin' berks sometimes!

The muse.mu forum is a scary dark place.

Never ventured into there, am I not a strong enough muse fan if I haven't?

I wonder if this is going to be a year where we pretty much know the headliners pretty early on?

Edited by mattgimmeshelter

Seeing the way people talk about Muse since 'Blackholes...' makes me think of the way people discussed Metallica after the change they made for the 'Black' album.Obviously with my username a big fan of both.It seems that Muse nowadays aren't the Muse that people fell in love with but for me its just them doing what they want.I think they made a concious effort to make music that works while played in massive stadiums and they went for it.It's clear from watching them that they are just having the time of their life and just having fun.Fair play to them I say.I've liked every album but admit 'Resistance' took afew listens to get into,for me their weekest album but for me 'The 2nd Law' was a massive return to form and liked everything on it.

i honestly reckon if both The Resistance and The 2nd Law had been released first (and i'd been younger when they were released) i'd have lapped them up and loved them - they were just released later, when my music taste was a bit more developed and i'd kind of outgrown big mainstream stadium rock, so it's not really a case of either album being particularly bad. i'd just grown out of Muse all together by the time they arrived

their new album could be as good as, if not better than Origin / Absolution and i still doubt i'd listen to it more than one or two times

Don't people think Black Holes was shite too? Muse were my favourite band until they put that out. The one-two of Supermassive Black Hole and Starlight was enough to curb my interest.

i definitely didn't enjoy it as much as the previous two, and was pretty disappointed at the time of it's release, but it grew on me a lot and The Resistance really made me appreciate it. i get why people dislike Starlight (and it seems pretty shit now) but at the time i enjoyed it (and don't really get the hate for Supermassive Black Hole)

Map Of The Problematique, Assasin, City Of Delusion and Knights Of Cydonia are all fantastic songs from that album imo (and the rest is all good, with the usual worse-than-others songs on there)

Don't people think Black Holes was shite too? Muse were my favourite band until they put that out. The one-two of Supermassive Black Hole and Starlight was enough to curb my interest.

Yer for hardcore fans the last 3 albums get slated, a small amount of fans dislike Absolution as well. OoS is put on a pedestal though other than Feeling Good

I don't think hardcore fans can slate three albums and still call themselves 'hardcore' fans.

They still know every word to those albums they hate and see them quite a few times on every tour they do :P. I was next to a french girl on the barrier in Manchester who hated The Resistance and The 2nd Law but still went to every single 2nd law gig in Europe...

many bands i love have been releasing poor material for some time now, but their earlier work was so good that it just doesn't matter - i'm cemented as a huge fan now (and as jonodilleono said, i'll still listen to those albums repeatedly in some vain attempt at liking them and learn all of the words etc)

listened to The 2nd Law for the first time since it was released today. meh. i remember it being slightly better. it starts off well, and then i quite enjoyed Chris' two songs, but both the middle and end are pretty awful. Survival and Follow Me are laughably bad. i remember Survival being bad, but christ. hopefully much less of that kind of Muse on the new album

i think i enjoyed Chris' songs as they were a bit of a breather from Bellamy's ridiculous bombast, although yeah, they're not particularly great songs (although i did think Liquid State would be great live when i listened to it)

Follow Me would be an alright song if it weren't for the dubstep. i remembered that it had an electronic element to it but i'd totally forgotten that it had such an extreme dubstep bit. cringey. and it's cool that they did all the dubstep bit in Unsustainable with instruments rather than synths, but it's still Muse jumping on an already dead trend which they're better than

listened to The 2nd Law for the first time since it was released today. meh. i remember it being slightly better. it starts off well, and then i quite enjoyed Chris' two songs, but both the middle and end are pretty awful. Survival and Follow Me are laughably bad. i remember Survival being bad, but christ. hopefully much less of that kind of Muse on the new album

I love Isolated System, and enjoy Unsustainable too apart from the repeated 'dubstep breakdown'. Chris' songs are harmless enough but would never choose to listen to them. Follow Me is possibly my least favourite Muse song. Survival is a funny one. The lyrics and intro are abysmal, but the riffs towards the end are ace.

Edited by Lubic87

Unsustainable could be cool if, instead of having an almost identical dubstep section at the end, it went into some kind of heavy jam.

Survival has some great riffs, and yeah, if they got rid of the intro and gave it some proper lyrics it could have been a good song.

Exactly my thoughts. It's building and building and then... oh, its copy/paste job of the earlier part.