Arctic Monkeys Tax Avoidance

Guest Justiceforcedave

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the interests of fairness I bet there there is a shit load of money that we spend at Glastonbury that the tax man does not see.

Paying a geezer £100.00 to get in without a ticket being one !

When it comes to tax avoidance it's generally the law that's at fault not how individuals or entities operate within it.

I wouldn't say it's particularly immoral either given how tax is spent. In fact, if you avoided tax and spent the money on good causes (as opposed to, say, the Trident program) you could probably claim the moral high ground. Not that I expect Alex Turner does this. He probably spends the savings on fancy sofas.

Edited by autoinflate

Everytime I see these tax avoidance schemes I wonder why the government doesn't just get rid of the loopholes then I remember the government is made up of rich, entitled w*nkers who deliberately put these loopholes in to preserve their own wealth!!

Thing is though, you can see why they do it..if you someone said to you, "I can legally save you X amount of money" you'd do it.

Fair enough it's morally wrong, but if it was you in the situation I'd say 90% of the time you'd do exactly as (it seems) most celebs/musician/politicians/everyone with money is doing.