Despacio!

Brave Sir Robin

makes me think i was lucky to go to the manc one then!

mind you was always going to be better than a london crowd ;)

they will probably realise they can't just drop obscure stuff the entire time at a festival. another track i remember from the night we went was Harry Thumann - underwater!

they played a bit of rock early on as well, it is nice and varied! i agree tho it was at a hall with a wooden floor, quite a lot different to a tent!

The is no such thing as a good crowd in London :D

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the friday at the roundhouse and i loved it... but as well as banging house i also like old soul or disco and i think that's important. At the risk of stating the extremely obvious it means slowly in spanish so don't expect banging house! When you've been on your feet all day i think the slowly building tempo could be great - I'm delighted.

Here's the review of the despacio area at Sonar, so i'd imagine it will be similar at Glasto. 6 hours of disco!

'Heading into this year's Sónar, a lot of excitement swirled around DESPACIO, a supposed "new experience in clubbing" put together by James Murphy, 2manydjs, and the renowned McIntosh audio brand. Basically, a dedicated DESPACIO area was set up in an isolated zone of Sónar by Day, which featured Murphy and 2manydjs playing records for six hours each day, mostly of the disco variety. The space itself was adorned simply, as it was essentially just a dark room with some kitschy, space-themed decorations and a giant disco ball hanging from the ceiling. Of course, the real star of DESPACIO was the custom soundsystem, a series of seven imposing speaker stacks that encircled the dancefloor. As promised, the 50,000-watt system sounded fantastic, and the whole environment honestly harkened back to the glory days of clubbing in late-'70s/early-'80s New York. It sounds cliché, but DESPACIO was truly all about the music and the experience of being in that room, as the DJs were somewhat hidden away on one side of the room, and were all but invisible to the majority of the crowd. With nothing to stare at, and nothing to play with—camera and cell phone use was discouraged—those in attendance were free to let loose, dance, and feel the music, an opportunity that often fails to materialize in many of today's clubs. The lights and decor did add to the room's overall appeal, but they weren't over the top, and Sónar also maintained a strict capacity inside the room, so things never became too crowded. As such, DESPACIO was always bustling, but never felt oppressive or uncomfortable. Although those who weren't disco lovers might have wished for a more varied soundtrack—things did get more banging toward the end of each day—DESPACIO was truly an ideal clubbing environment, and Sónar's organizers definitely deserve some major kudos for helping to make it happen.'

despacio_061614.jpg

http://www.xlr8r.com/features/2014/06/s-nar-2014-winners-and-losers

Edited by JC-Mo'Fucka

Friday 8pm - 2am

Saturday 7pm - 2am

Sunday 7pm - 2am

:)

According to the Glasto site it's actually Thurs, Fri and Sat. Wish it started and ended a bit later, will be very difficult to get in after the headliners. Although certainly leaves Sunday for any 2manydjs and/or James Murphy secret sets