Does the weather Matter?

Guest _dec

When w£t, everything is hard work. The site is so massive you need to allow double the time (at least) to get anywhere.

Take waterproofs, wellies (or your wet weather footwear of choice).

But having said that, the only way is NFR NFC, just repeat those words, and check out the thread.

Then it will be lovely, just believe and follow the faith!

Crap weather can grind you down a bit, but it can also be an impetus to give up seeing a particular band in a field and instead check out some sort of indoor entertainment and enjoy some of the alternative surprises that the festival can offer. I recall Friday morning in 2009 when it was still quite heavy rain that the cabaret tent was rammed and a hell of an atmosphere (not least due to the events of the previous evening).

It is rare for there to be no rain at all over the course of the festival, just as it is rare for there to be nothing but rain. As long as you take the right precautions and the right attitude it should barely make a difference.

As others have said it makes getting around more difficult if it is very muddy, carry some black bin bags to sit on, allow more time to get from a to b .

I prefer dry with sunny spells as wall to wall sunshine is too much if you don't tan easy... You can still have a great time whatever the weather, it's just different.

The worst is a mix of rain and wind when you are putting up/taking down a tent. Once you are secure and settled it's not too bad assuming you've taken appropriate clothing.

I also take a fold up chair, partly because of my dodgy back but mainly because you can sit in the worst of the weather. I've sat in my chair, completely enveloped in full wet weather gear, in the Pyramid Field and still had a good time.

It's never been a big problem for me, only thing you have to allow for as others have mentioned is trekking through the mud. Also have issues getting things dry if the rain continues over the whole weekend!

Lets be clear, I love Glastonbury and for sure I love it more when its dry!

Its still great in the wet if you have the right clothes and boots but boy its hard work at times.

Ponchos and water proof trousers with good walking boots....even if it says its going to be dry!

I went in 2010 and 2011. 2010 was fantastic weather wise. Could not have asked or better. 2011 was sooooo bad. The mud was unreal. It was such hard work that I didnt bother trying to get a ticket for the next one. The difference between 2010 and 2011 for me was like night and day. Only got to get around about 20% of the areas on 2011 compared to the previous year. My legs were killing me.

I hope that this year is at least dry.

It kind of depends on your personal preference, both have their pros and cons... if it's sunny it's often difficult to find any shade to cool down and it's a constant struggle to escape the heat, but the sun does tend to make everyone that bit more jovial! If it's rainy/muddy then it's difficult to manoeuvre around the site plus you would give your right arm to have a seat that isn't muddy but it isn't so warm so you don't get as sweaty as if it was a scorching weekend.

Either way, fingers crossed for sun over here!

If it's too sunny (one can hope!), wear a hat.

I love it when it's hot, stopping at every water point for a super quick (I mean seconds, not holding anyone up!) soak of the head.