Friday other stage opener

Guest nufc1978

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if this interview has been mentioned:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/apr/25/libertines-reunite-hyde-park-pete-doherty-carl-barat

"I'm not saying that I'm not open to us doing more shows, that could be a great thing, and who knows how it will feel once we're all back together" he said. "I'd love to play Glastonbury as a warm up but logistically it might be a bit difficult to get all of us there – though we do have a couple of warm up shows planned in different cities."

I'm a bit of a cynic but if prince was to do it, I'm sure he would want to do a surprise gig first

Michael eavis on "did you book prince"

We wanted him to play, and it got to the point where his people were talking to us about him doing it, but before he confirmed he got really upset because he thought we had advertised that he was playing. We hadn't, but with social media, rumours get everywhere, and one of those rumours was that Prince was coming. So he didn't want to do it in the end. All the social media chit-chat now about who might be playing really doesn't help us. People think we've advertised them early, but there'd be no point to us leaking details because the tickets sell out in an hour in October, before the headline acts are announced. People come for what the event means to them, not the headline acts.

I thought it was more to do with the fact he's notoriously unreliable at turning up for shows, and without the lure of a big show/pay cheque/lie in then theres a reasonable chance he might not show.