What time do you set off on Wednesday

Guest Craig_G

I like many others, set off before dawn from London to avoid the morning rush hour traffic. I often arrive by about 7am.

However getting up that early, with a restless nights sleep beforehand I'm often absolutely knackered by the time I've set up camp. Obviously the last thing you want to do is have a kip once you're on site!

I love the drive down from London, especially with the roads empty apart from the convoys of festival goers. Also, it's the only way to make sure you get the spot you want and not camped out miles away from anywhere. So I'm considering whether to take my chances and leave a little later this year to try and get some more last minute sleep?

Last year I ended up leaving London at lunchtime on the Wednesday, roads where pretty clear all the way (even at the stupid Stonehenge bit!) and didn't see another car between glastonbury town and west car park entrance. No queue at all at the gates (the wrist-banders where stood there bored and looked quite happy to have something to do) and still got a good camping spot. Will defiantly be doing the same this year.

Sounds like I'm the only one who suffers from lack of sleep delirium then!

Leaving Tuesday for a leisurely journey like Spliffman sounds great - if only I didnt have to work.

Planning to leave surrey around 10 am Wednesday morning.... Mate has to pack he children of to school/grandparents first.....

I've always traveled down on the Wednesday never had any problems with traffic and I've been lucky as my friends who go down the Tuesday night have took my tent, Alas this won't be happening this year so will have to choose where to camp once I get there instead....

Wednesday morning 7.15 from Leeds on the coach, no idea how long it will take as roads will be a nightmare at that time.