OASIS?

Guest daviesjack

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.stereogum.com/1678153/liam-gallagher-tweeted-oasis-but-dont-get-your-hopes-up/franchises/20-years-of-britpop/

This blogger is barking up with wrong tree.. but it's another twist on the tweets.

So, Liam is planning to carry the Oasis name sans Noel. Not a re-union. He's lost a bit of money getting divorced, and wants it back! Now he's got Bonehead back on board, after he joined Beady Eye on stage a few months back.. They're spending more time together (at least there has been more in the media around them being hanging out). It'sthe Beady Eye line-up with Bonehead on rhythm and Andy Bell back on bass; playing Definitely Maybe in full for anniversary shows.

They are playing Glastonbury, as part of the £500m deal, and the contractual reasons for not announcing is down to Noel asking for all of the royalties from the tour and Liam not wanting to pay him what he's asking for, as he doesn't believe it will be just Karaoke..

Of course, I don't actually believe anything that is being speculated here will happen.

http://www.stereogum.com/1678153/liam-gallagher-tweeted-oasis-but-dont-get-your-hopes-up/franchises/20-years-of-britpop/

This blogger is barking up with wrong tree.. but it's another twist on the tweets.

So, Liam is planning to carry the Oasis name sans Noel. Not a re-union. He's lost a bit of money getting divorced, and wants it back! Now he's got Bonehead back on board, after he joined Beady Eye on stage a few months back.. They're spending more time together (at least there has been more in the media around them being hanging out). It'sthe Beady Eye line-up with Bonehead on rhythm and Andy Bell back on bass; playing Definitely Maybe in full for anniversary shows.

They are playing Glastonbury, as part of the £500m deal, and the contractual reasons for not announcing is down to Noel asking for all of the royalties from the tour and Liam not wanting to pay him what he's asking for, as he doesn't l

believe it will be just Karaoke..

Of course, I don't actually believe anything that is being speculated here will happen.

Edited by brettredmayne

The megastars will end up half a billion pounds richer if their comeback goes to plan, an industry expert said.

They could go on to make £500m.

It's gone from "will" to "could" in the space of the same article. They'd only need a few more column inches and they'd have talked themselves out odd their own article.

Got to laugh at the Star, pick a number, any number......................

but hey the Libertines were well and truely kept out of the news, Sky News has a Friday eveing top 5 entertainment news slot and they didn't make it - although they did say in that slot that the last chance for Glasto tickets had now gone so what do they know!!!

it'll definitely make some difference. i've already seen at least one person on my facebook who has said they're now gonna try and get a ticket because of the Oasis rumour (who previously thought the rest of the lineup was 'shite'). i almost saved them the effort by telling them it was a load of bollocks, but where's the fun in that eh? will be hilarious if they get a ticket

Loads of my mates have got really excited about the rumors of oasis headlining and are now going to try and get tickets even though they have mocked me about the rest of the lineup. So to get my own back I'm not going to say nothing about who it actually is. So when it is actually announced I can mock them all