EE festival Power bar

Lexbank

I wouldn't rely on it.EE (and Orange before them) are incredibly cynical when it comes to linking themselves to Glastonbury. Every year they trot out some new gimmick to get themselves some press coverage. Don't think I've ever seen any of them last more than 1 festival and some didn't even make it past the press release.

They still release an App every year though. Part of my preparation is using the timetable function to go through the stage times and spot the clashes.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't rely on it.

EE (and Orange before them) are incredibly cynical when it comes to linking themselves to Glastonbury. Every year they trot out some new gimmick to get themselves some press coverage. Don't think I've ever seen any of them last more than 1 festival and some didn't even make it past the press release.

Yes, whatever happened to the portable wifi-hotspot tractors from a few years back?!

They have put this page up on the website. Doesn't clarify whether we can swap the new Power Bars, but does say we wont be able to swap last years

http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/entertainment-sport/music/glastonbury

A prime reason not to get one of these low capacity, frankly pointless EE powerbars (even if you did get it for free). It's far wiser to just buy a proper solid power pack. Which you can use year after year without wondering if EE are going to allow you to trade it in at next years Glasto!

I personally recommend this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/mobile-phones/dp/B00F5Q4F0U!

A prime reason not to get one of these low capacity, frankly pointless EE powerbars (even if you did get it for free). It's far wiser to just buy a proper solid power pack. Which you can use year after year without wondering if EE are going to allow you to trade it in at next years Glasto!

I personally recommend this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/mobile-phones/dp/B00F5Q4F0U!

I disagree, these EE bars are good for a quick little boost, very light and easy to just stick in your pocket while your walking around, yes the capacity is rubbish, my phone has a 3000mah battery so these EE ones don't even fill it even working at 100% efficiency, but it's enough to get me to an easy 60% from flat so it comes in very handy

I plan on getting a proper power brick like the one you've posted too for having a proper charge back at the tent but I don't want to be carrying another lump round when I don't have to

I disagree, these EE bars are good for a quick little boost, very light and easy to just stick in your pocket while your walking around, yes the capacity is rubbish, my phone has a 3000mah battery so these EE ones don't even fill it even working at 100% efficiency, but it's enough to get me to an easy 60% from flat so it comes in very handy

I plan on getting a proper power brick like the one you've posted too for having a proper charge back at the tent but I don't want to be carrying another lump round when I don't have to

Why do you have to carry it around all the time? :S Surely you not using your phone that much, that you need to constantly charger it ? :S

Annoying that we can't swap last years.

Are these the new models I take it?

Mhmm reading between the lines, it sounds like they might have specific ones for the festivals. I imagine it might be quite the money spinner!

Why do you have to carry it around all the time? :S Surely you not using your phone that much, that you need to constantly charger it ? :S

that’s a fair point, I can't see me particularly needing it but I’m a paranoid Percy so but I’ll be glad to have my free EE one in my pocket just in case

By no means am I saying the EE ones are necessary and if anyone was trying to decide between EE or a proper brick I’d recommend the brick any day

I’m not really sure what my point is...

Just feel gutted for these people who insist that they need to be contactable :(

I long for the random days, before we had phones at Glasto... and just get lost and go with the flow.

EE will still be doing the powerbar swap.. but only for EE customers. Apparently they will be contacting customers on 26th May and telling them to register for the service (by 5th June). Customers will get a wristband and be allowed to exchange 1 power bar a day.

I think I saw somewhere that non-EE customers could still register for this service, but would have to pay a £20 fee.

At least there won't be queues this year then?!

Just feel gutted for these people who insist that they need to be contactable :(

I long for the random days, before we had phones at Glasto... and just get lost and go with the flow.

plan on using my free power bar to charge my camera. Last year had to manage the battery pretty carefully and got to Sunday Evening before it run out. This year with a charge I can take plenty of pics. Got a cheap Nokia that'll not need charging.

Yes, you are missing the link that i forgot to put in my post!

http://www.techweekeurope.co.uk/networks/ee-glastonbury-festival-4g-chargers-168791

I know this is a ridiculous thing to get worked up about but it's really annoyed me that ee want me to wear a special wristband if I was to swap my charger with them, I wouldn't have to do that at a shop so why at a festival? It's just unnecessary branding

I know this is a ridiculous thing to get worked up about but it's really annoyed me that ee want me to wear a special wristband if I was to swap my charger with them, I wouldn't have to do that at a shop so why at a festival? It's just unnecessary branding

I really resent it. I resent the fact that the mobile phone company is a necessary evil. The sort of shit that Glastonbury still does a very good job of avoiding.

I'm a bit angry that they are only allowing EE customers to use the power bar.... I asked 2 days ago on twitter if they were going to be doing the swap again at Glastonbury and they said 'they were in talks but nothing confirmed'

The today they completely contradicted themselves by telling me they sold out weeks go.......

Confused.

I picked one up from my local store after I heard about the promotion. As an EE customer I was fortunate to be eligeable. I text a number and got a reply with a code. I presented this to a bloke in the store and... Voila! Like many have mentioned, they don't hold much juice but for free, you can't really complain. I Won't be doing the queuing up thing coz I got one of those high volume chargers but it's good to have as a back up seeing as both myself and wife will be using it.