Where Did Bearded Theory Go ?

walk forever

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather was pretty diabolical. I spent much of one of my shifts up the campsite watchtower in the middle of a metereological malestrom. Really enjoyed the festival however - my first time and a great atmosphere to the place - everyone was really up for it and line up was great. Liked the 'Woods' place too - reminded me of the early Glade at Glasto...

Great Party, thanks again BT.

Weather was pretty diabolical. I spent much of one of my shifts up the campsite watchtower in the middle of a metereological malestrom. Really enjoyed the festival however - my first time and a great atmosphere to the place - everyone was really up for it and line up was great. Liked the 'Woods' place too - reminded me of the early Glade at Glasto...

That's exactly what I said about the woods area, was brilliant, really enjoyed Chadwicks set in there too.

Great vibe once again, am totally ruined at work now, but well worth it..

Great Party, thanks again BT.

That's exactly what I said about the woods area, was brilliant, really enjoyed Chadwicks set in there too.

Great vibe once again, am totally ruined at work now, but well worth it..

Was there for Mark Chadwick too. Sound how he did Far from Home towards the end just to give peeps something familiar to jig to. Yeah, really dazed at work right now - cannot concentrate on anything.

Left at around 8am Monday but still nearly got stuck in the serious mud getting out. Were there any other vehicles struggling or stuck?

Was there for Mark Chadwick too. Sound how he did Far from Home towards the end just to give peeps something familiar to jig to. Yeah, really dazed at work right now - cannot concentrate on anything.

Left at around 8am Monday but still nearly got stuck in the serious mud getting out. Were there any other vehicles struggling or stuck?

My driving yesterday in the mud in the car park was quite ridiculous - I got overtaken - me pal was killing himself laughing as this woman overtook me and apologised. funny. was ok when I got on the road..

Well once again BT did not disappoint, the r**n and the m*d were a nightmare!!!! NFRNFC for Glastonbury though :)

The stage in the woods was immense, saw BB Blackdog and 3 Daft Monkeys there both excellent, highlight of the weekend for me was Dreadzone.

:beach::beach: :beach: :beach::beach::beach:

Ah totally agree - Dreadzone were immense, as were 3DM, Bar Steward Sons in Tornado were up there for me too. Loved Magical Sounds - love the vibe and the decor in there, normally nowhere near a dance tent as festivals, but at BT, love it.

Agree - Dreadzone smashed it. Never been disappointed with any gig of theirs I have been to. Will probably go along to The Glade at Glasto and see them again in less than a month - good venue for them.

Was also really pleased with Carter, 3DM, Mark Chadwick and Stranglers sets.

Didn't bother leaving the site 'till mid day due to the vans getting stuck.

Highlights day by day were...

Friday was a brilliant double header of Culture Shock and Dub Pistols. Rain or not, the buzz

about the main stage was brilliant.Later Doghouse done a Sicknote dj set in the woods, aout time the

actual band got back together i think.

Saturday best was up in the glorious Magical Sounds tent, and that was CTRL ALT DEL earlier

in the day, and the cracking Astralsia to wipe the night out.

Sunday started off in beautiful style in the mud with Mel and Tarantism, Dreadzone later on were immense,

and the festival finished me off with The Orb, and it really was one of those where you had to be there

to realise how superb their live set was.

Then, meandering about thinking all was over, the mighty Headjam were giving it in Gails tent.!

All in all another cracker from BT.

Just remembered how good Reverend were on the Sunday too - great special guests, got everyone dancing. Wish I was doing it all again this weekend....

Too much fun and I agree strongly it is the best festival out there - for sure

Finally home, thanks all for coming and making a mess of the place ;)

But seriously, top festival.. toilet issue aside (which will be fixed for 2015), it's the best festival out there :)

Think I might have spoken to you mate - you work in security don't you and were you on shift with a guy called Simon over the weekend? If so, I might have spoken to you at Fire Tower Bravo on the Thurs evening when you asked me if I'd seen anyone jumping over the harris fencing...

Nope mate, not me.

Simon ran the security company that did the actual event from Thur-Mon morning.

I did the overall site security overnight from the previous Thursday till Simon took over, and then a couple days after the festival.

Did many jump/attempt to jump the fence?

14 tent thefts on the Thursday night, none the rest of the weekend though apparently.

Ah, different Paul then. Not aware of anyone jumping the fence but would have been pretty easy tbh through the harris fencing the way it was. My tower covered one easy approach for jumpers from the bend in the road leading to the main site entrance, and although I saw a few cars that stopped on the lane a little distance away (I thought to let people out so they could go across the fields and over the fence), I never saw anyone do so.

Yeah I heard 14 thefts as well - one from the Oxfam field I can confirm (though not myself fortunately).

Ah, different Paul then. Not aware of anyone jumping the fence but would have been pretty easy tbh through the harris fencing the way it was. My tower covered one easy approach for jumpers from the bend in the road leading to the main site entrance, and although I saw a few cars that stopped on the lane a little distance away (I thought to let people out so they could go across the fields and over the fence), I never saw anyone do so.

Yeah I heard 14 thefts as well - one from the Oxfam field I can confirm (though not myself fortunately).

Given the size of the festival that's not too bad. Probably the one person/gang?

Nope mate, not me.

Simon ran the security company that did the actual event from Thur-Mon morning.

I did the overall site security overnight from the previous Thursday till Simon took over, and then a couple days after the festival.

Did many jump/attempt to jump the fence?

14 tent thefts on the Thursday night, none the rest of the weekend though apparently.

Out of interest do you have a name for the security company. Lack of communication going on about what was permitted and what wasnt!

Pinhead - were you between normal camping and the quiet/family bit - the tower next to the vehicle exit gate in the middle of the field by any chance!

Edited by stuwilky

Out of interest do you have a name for the security company. Lack of communication going on about what was permitted and what wasnt!

Pinhead - were you between normal camping and the quiet/family bit - the tower next to the vehicle exit gate in the middle of the field by any chance!

Don't have the name, sorry - Paul on here would likely know however. There were a few grey areas security wise - particularly over what BBQ's / fires were permitted and what were not. As stewards we received unclear and conflicting instructions of what to report or not over the course of the weekend. The site map access routes between campsite and arena were wrong as well, however festival management did little to clarify the position for us and so we acted upon safety in the end and closed one of the routes which upset a few people who had been using them for a while as a shortcut.

I was camped in the crew field, specifically the Oxfam bit which was immediately left of the access path into the campervan field in the South of the site.

Anyone else at the Barsteward Sons Tornado Town set? It was brilliant, seeing this you on you tube the other day pleased me immensely

They're flippin brilliant. Great fun

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...