Where Did Bearded Theory Go ?

walk forever

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perks, out of interest, where did you pick up the information about Flogging Molly? Have the organisers given out some hints on Facebook or somewhere?

Perks, out of interest, where did you pick up the information about Flogging Molly? Have the organisers given out some hints on Facebook or somewhere?

Well....only from reading on the BT forum page, loads of people asking for them, and when the Levs pulled out a few years back I know they asked Flogging Molly to replace, but they were busy, so they must like them, plus they'd really suit it, so I just kinda hoped it would be them...sorry cant say its anything concrete. Not on lamebook, so not sure what they have said on there, anyone seen anything?

BT was on Shed of The Year on Channel 4 t'other day. Anyone on here amongst those dancing outside the Disco Shed?

Ha ha, as if, I took the pee out of that programme the other day, as if BT was on it. There's a good chance I was dancing outside a shed, that sounds like something I'd do. But hope I wasn't caught on tape!!!

Ha ha, as if, I took the pee out of that programme the other day, as if BT was on it. There's a good chance I was dancing outside a shed, that sounds like something I'd do. But hope I wasn't caught on tape!!!

From about 11:40 on this ... http://www.channel4.com/programmes/amazing-spaces-shed-of-the-year/4od

I cant believe I havnt finished this summer festivals yet but Im excited about next years BT already!!

Me too. Really intrigued to see who they get playing this year. Would love James, but can imagine they are way too expensive, if Primal Scream are too expensive (they said that on their forum) then James must be. Still hoping for Flogging Molly to be the Friday headliner, That's announced soon isn't it? sure I read somewhere they were announcing the headliner the 1st Sept, then tickets on sale the 06th.

I have a gut feeling that the first headliner announcement is going to be something a little closer to home than Flogging Molly - possibly one of the UK indie acts that's been doing the festival rounds this summer? Fingers crossed for The Beat! :D

Not long to go until 1st September now, and hoping to get me some early bird tickets on 6th!

Just been reading some of the info BT have posted on their site. Looks like they are tackling all the issues that were experienced this year, which is something I think they always do very well. Going back to the old toilet provider, more porcelain loos and even the opportunity to name a toilet block (the winner gets to cut the ribbon!).

Also interested to see they are introducing a circus, putting Something Else into a big top and building a treehouse.

All sounds promising.

BT was on Shed of The Year on Channel 4 t'other day. Anyone on here amongst those dancing outside the Disco Shed?

Ive got a video somewhere of my three year old son sliding around and having the time of his life in the mud in front of the shed, great fun all round.

I'm very very much IN

I was never out :D

Great announcement, The Mission would have been good enough for me, but look at the others, excellent start, Im all excited now and its so very very far away :(

(btw I ran upstairs again to tell my lad about The Mission, this is getting a habit after BT announcements)

The Mish are one of those bands that I always felt that I should like, but have never been able to make up my mind about. It doesn't help that, on the couple of occasions that I've seen them live, the first time they were being supported by the brilliant New Cranes, who completely blew them off the stage, and the second time they were in the Pepsi tent, competing, and failing, to be heard against Metallica on Main Stage at Download! Still, I know that they have a very strong following, and that they are a very good booking for Bearded! And I will give them one more try .... ;)

Really pleased to see that Neville Staple and P.A.I.N. are playing the other stage! :)

I did wonder if they'd suffer a significant loss of support being on the same weekend as Bearded. We would definitely have gone for some or all of the last Spring weekend - but we can't be in two places at the same time!

The Mish are one of those bands that I always felt that I should like, but have never been able to make up my mind about. It doesn't help that, on the couple of occasions that I've seen them live, the first time they were being supported by the brilliant New Cranes, who completely blew them off the stage, and the second time they were in the Pepsi tent, competing, and failing, to be heard against Metallica on Main Stage at Download! Still, I know that they have a very strong following, and that they are a very good booking for Bearded! And I will give them one more try .... ;)

Really pleased to see that Neville Staple and P.A.I.N. are playing the other stage! :)

Last time I saw The Mission they were not great to be fair,it was sometime in the 90's and I think it was only Wayne and a bunch of no marks. On all previous occasions (of which there were many) they were always brilliant. Reading Festival, Finsbury Park, NEC, Manc Apollo, Libpool Royal Court... All with a skin full of ale and as pocket full of torn up newspapers :) Edited by Gnomicide

Mid 90s they were on their arse - it was really just Wayne like you say, I think a decade of full on rock 'n' rolling had took it's toll. Some of those no marks included Mark Gemini-Thwaite (Spear Of Destiny, possibly even went on to play with The Cult) and Andy Cousin (All About Eve)!

At the moment they are a pretty tight band, though drummer Mike Kelly (also Spear Of Destiny?) drives a little too fast and plays everything studio perfect, in my opinion just edges too much in the direction of a sessionist. They are still a great live band, and unlike many of their peers these days, they don't rigorously run through the same set list night after night.

Which Liverpool Royal Court gig where you at, Hillsborough benefit show, by any chance?

Edited by LevellerRich